Disregard for Planning Laws – WCBC. Again !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Disregard for Planning Laws – WCBC. Again !

• Author

Sam
    Participant

Just an update from my previous thread on here of
    https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/420-can-allowed-building-green-barrier-belt.html

Since then, our team has been busy with various aspects of the application and trying to drum up support. In our investigation, we come across some significant reinforced concrete structures within the field. At ground level, a pile of randomly tipped concrete, but from google earth, they become a calculated, possibly preempting building works. Without loads of details, and after a little research, I have come to the conclusion that they are ‘Concrete Piles’. A structure created by drilling into the top soil to bed rock then a reinforced concrete pillar formed to stabilise the surrounding top soil from subsidence.

Anyway, I wanted to find out exactly what they were and why they were made, WCBC Planning would know, or so I thought. Anyway, the letter below was sent to the the list of Councillors, Mp’s and Press etc that follows the letter.

I have made a formal complaint to the WCBC’s planning Dept highlighting what breeches of planning they have committed, in my own personal opinion. I have received the automated ” response in 20 days”

I shall not go into detail of these here as the case may go further due to the neglect shown.

This letter was sent out 24 hrs ago and I have received one personal email back and two automated, so please,if your reading this and If you received this email yesterday asking for your views, please reply.

Anyway, please read the letter, see where it went, then comment on what you think please ?

Tanyfron’s Area 51

During a recent visit to the Wrexham Planning office on the 11th March regarding planning application P/2012/0817 and in particular the site’s previous application history. I was told that because the agricultural field did not require ANY planning control and ANY works that had previously been done had NOT required any form of intervention or control by Wrexham’s planning office because “it was used temporarily to facilitate an existing development”. This I find hard to believe Due to the points I will raise below:

In 2004-2006, the grazed field was dug up from a green field and four deep lagoons were made to capture toxic waste from the industrial traffic generated by the open cast mine currently been mined at the old Brymbo steelworks.

After the lagoons were redundant, they were drained and the ground was levelled. It was about this time when mysterious reinforced concrete constructions appeared on the site.

This is as it is to day, albeit that nature has slowly tried to reclaim the land back.

My visit to Wrexham’s planning Department raises these additional questions to what I already wanted to ask:

1. How come an agricultural field can have deep pools of toxic fluid on them without the need of planning intervention, this includes health and safety reports, excavation surveys and monitoring reports?

2. How come ‘post lagoons’, 22 reinforced concrete constructions appeared on the site, again without any knowledge of Wrexham’s Planning Department?

3. When key members of the Wrexham Planning offices staff use comments of”irrelevant consideration” and “Don’t care!” when dealing with a member of the publics requests for information. Then this is of concern.

4. How can so much uncontrolled excavation, open air storage of toxic material and possible preparation for forthcoming commercial development go undocumented and uncontrolled on a piece of land within the Planning department area without them knowing or wanting to know wants going on?

5. Why are any planning documents, details or information being kept from public domain?

6. Does this show a blatant disregard for:
    • Green barrier
    • Local Communities
    • Local Residents health
    • Several of their own guidelines and policies

Does this also reinforce the points of?

• The WCBC ‘s lust for development of houses within Wrexham at all cost
    • The WCBC’s carefree attitude of ask questions later, when the damage has already been done.

Contact list

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

To Summarise: How come the WCBC claim to know so little about an open air toxic lagoon within 500 metres of my village and 1000 metres of my home and and building work ‘post’ lagoons ?

The people of Tanyfron NEED to know!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Of concern…

thanks.

lazyjack
    Participant

WCBC = incompetent

NewRisingSun
    Participant

The more I read about the whole site the more I wonder what was going on in the minds of those who made the decisions. They decided to go ahead with the site knowing that the most important part, the road, which linked to the employment area did not have funding. It would be worked out afterwards.

Knowing this, they went ahead and built the houses, which would only put further pressure on local services, yet with no solution in sight. Yet funding was provided by the government for terracing the site so it was usable as an amenity spaces. All this while Tanyfron is losing amenity space.

This now means that they are trying to build on a highly controversial piece of land. In the end it seems, that the only people who will be paying for this is the local community of Tanyfron (and Brymbo/Lodge) which frankly will be lost amongst the over-development.

Why should we destroy one community to create another?

Sam
    Participant

A quick update. I’ve had several replies from numerous people & departments.
    Hopefully, I have a meeting soon which should answer the majority of my questions.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News