Disposable breath test kits

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Disposable breath test kits

• Author

katy
    Blocked

Why are North Wales Police handing out disposable breath test kits?

The only point of using these kits is if you intend to drink and drive, which is something the police should not be encouraging. They will create a situation where people will be drinking right up to the limit.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

On the contrary, I’m pretty sure they’re a good idea.
    Nobody will drink ‘up to the limit’ as I’m certain every driver knows the general rule to be 2 pints and you’re pushing your luck, whilst your responses will certainly be impared. I’d guess that they’re aimed at those who feel they’re OK to drive the morning after when in reality they’re anything but. Anything that will assist in the prevention of possible injury and death can only be a good thing, can’t it?

AMA Express
    Participant

The only point of using these kits is if you intend to drink and drive,,,

I think you’re missing the point of these kits Katy. They’re for drivers to check that they’re under the limit before driving.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

I know its been said before, but why not a ZERO rating. The slogan : Don’t drink & drive is flawed. You can drink & drive but only drink a bit if you want and hope you’re under the limit and hope you don’t kill anyone!
    New slogan should be NO drinking if driving / NO driving if drinking full-stop, simple.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Maureen I am with you on this zero drinking-
    The effect of alcohol varies so much with individuals – depending how much food someone has eaten to absorb alcohol, the size of the person, whether some one is on medication to name but a few. Zero drink is the only 100% sure way of saying someone is a safe driver.
    If you need a Test Kit then you are probably not able to measure your intake or effect so don’t have a drink in the first place.

MP1953
    Participant

The police are quite rightly responding to the law as it is now.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News