Dishwasher Fire in Wrexham and Flawed Safety

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dishwasher Fire in Wrexham and Flawed Safety

• Author

eeesafe
    Participant

I note that there is no information on what the make and model of this appliance was. I also note that the register you are linked to is flawed because the Manufacturers are managing their own Safety. History shows huge failure on manufacturers acting on Safety, many fires ensued and in some cases there were fatalities. I believe an Appliance Register should be independent from any manufacturers and all risk notifications should be given to the consumer, not just when there is a Recall. This is entirely possible as there is a risk grading system that is used by Manufacturers. The appliance register that you promote on your site is not giving consumers full safety and in many of the cases, the organisations farm out links to use to sell Warranties to the consumers.

Furthermore, the Fire Service never issues makes and models of fires to the public. It has to be done with an FOI and it’s most likely to appease the Manufacturers. Citizens have a right to this information for their own safety. We already are working with BEIS in Westminster as to our own solutions. It’s been a long fight, but we’re now making progress and all Fire Services and other Stakeholders should be mindful when they point to the current Register, because it’s a clear conflict and those Stakeholders are not promoting the safest option when they publicise the information. There is clear accountability issues here, whoever directs users to that register. Let it not be on your conscience.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

eeesafe
    Participant

Sheefag
    Participant

Robert, your claim that the Fire Service withold details of brands ‘most likely to appease the Manufacturers‘ is laughable and worthy of a foil hat award.

To also imply that EEESafe is some kind of national register is also laughable.

Robert, you’ve been mixed up in all sorts over the years, including timeshare for God’s sake and this is just your latest bandwagon.

EEE Safe consists of just one director, is registered to a semi detached house in Pontardawe and is ‘run’ out of 220 High St, Swansea SA1 1NW, an accomodation address used by countless other companies.

The information commissioner’s office have never heard of it and I’d thus be wary of sending details of any kind to it.

eeesafe
    Participant

Unknown Person. I would suggest you have another agenda to be so unprofessional about your post. This post was about Safety and not about my organisation, which of course is clear as I’m not afraid to cite the facts. To anyone that does read your dismissal of safety, that was our old address which became too expensive. We operate from home at present, and there is nothing the Info Commmission says that it can’t be. I don’t need a large building to operate an online business. Why would you even bring that up and why you would even bring up another one of my interests where I’ve save people millions of pounds, is also beyond me. Many Directors are engaged in many businesses. If you wish to gain any credibility from your dismissal of safety in the home, I would suggest you come out and say who you are, and what your interest is in dismissing a safer standard of repair and refurbishment.

Sheefag
    Participant

You’re missing the point me auld shag, you’re asking people to sign up to your register and the Information commissioner’s office have never heard of you. How is this legal? How are you going to safeguard people’s data?

The two links that you’re slagging off are;

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/ which is run by The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) and;

https://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/ which is run by AMDEA, the Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Appliances, the UK trade association for the manufacturers of small and large domestic appliances.

Both of these are large professional organisations that work with the government while you’re sitting at the kitchen table on your laptop, claiming that you can do better.

eeesafe
    Participant

Having put your Twitter account together with your Motor car interest, I can now see a bit more about you and how you’ve been banned from a couple of sites. I would encourage you nonetheless to come out to the open and discuss your beef with Appliance Safety. It doesn’t make any sense. Our Technical Director, author of the Haynes Manuals fully supports and engages in our work and has over 40 years experience in Training, and who now does the EEESafe Training Course. Our Register is National, and our updated version of it and the new Register URL will soon be live. We are also engaged in European Standards, already with a large consortium bid for EU money to pilot our full systems. So I would be careful in dismissing EEESafe, without your reasons in a sensible dialogue. If you choose to remain anonymous, that’s your choice, but I don’t have time for dialogue with people not willing to do it sensibly and transparently. Thanks

eeesafe
    Participant

Happy to clear these up for you. We’re registered at the Info Commissioners office, so I’ve no idea why you want to bring that one up and ask the question, how is this legal? Of course it’s legal. :)

Electrical Safety First is run by the money from the Electricians Qualification. The company who operate that will accept that an electrician has no Appliance Repair Qualifications or Certifications. I’ve been to BEIS at the Government a few times and recently again, who accept that the skills required for Appliance Repair are not directly transferable from Electricians. Even BEIS agree with us on this, so that too is irrefutable.

The AMDEA Register is run by someone who is merely operating on the funding supplied by the Manufacturers. They are responsible for their own safety, so I think that’s pretty clear why there is an issue. Even the Retail Ombudsman says Amdea is not fit for purpose. I’ve met with him, so whether I sit at the kitchen table or an office makes no difference to the facts I’ve supplied.

Now perhaps you are missing the points of safety and conflicts. Our Register was running for 3.5 years before Amdea came to the market with it’s register, which I may even suggest they did because they recognised someone else would be able to help the independent repairer, whether they are in the trade or not, and it would impact their sales targets for new items and create more waste.

I would once again ask you to reveal who you are, why this is of interest and why your domain deliberately hides the owners name.

Sheefag
    Participant

You’re bidding for EU money? EU money? You won’t get any EU money Robert, Brexit will see to that.

Which is rather bad news as I see that at your last filing, EEESafe was worth £-11.1k and what you like to refer to as the Alexanders Associates Group was worth £-15.6k.

I’ll stick with the NICEIC, thanks.

eeesafe
    Participant

I’m not bidding, I’m part of an EU Consortium and you need to do your homework as the Government and EU have backed this funding stream till 2020.

If you knew anything about business, you’d see that far greater sums of money and charges are part of millions of businesses. Read their accounts and follow their Directorships rather than just mine. You’ll be amazed at the risks and money owed to the shareholders. :) I’m merely the sole investor of this organisation and have a far less risk than many companies. Been going for 5 years now and can easily last for another 5+. I don’t have the overheads and can make many more homes safer, tackle poverty, reduce waste, create local jobs etc.

It’s clear you have no wish to reveal anything about yourself and that you’ve been ruffled for reasons you will not reveal. Maybe your NICEIC yourself and it’s threatening you, maybe your an Appliance Repairer unwilling to prove your competency to an independent standards organisation. I don’t know, but I’ll leave you to your own world, at least whilst you continue to remain anonymous.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News