Difficult Decisions?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Difficult Decisions?

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Jimbow – have you not noticed that Cllr Phil Wynne has been noticeable in his absence on this Forum since being elevated to the illustrious heights on the Executive Board.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=140599]Jimbow – have you not noticed that Cllr Phil Wynne has been noticeable in his absence on this Forum since being elevated to the illustrious heights on the Executive Board.[/quote]
    Yes I have. I was hoping that my post would stimulate a response. Here’s hoping.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Phil Wynne along with many others were voted in as Independents yet it clearly looks like he along with others have lost their independence and have turned into sheep to follow either Mark Pritchard or Dave Bitthel.

jimbow
    Participant

Prior to Cllr. Wynne being elected to the Executive Board he was very often before the camera asking questions at Executive Board meetings. Now as a Lead Member for Education he does not ask questions on any reports coming before the Executive.
    One of the problems I believe is, the difference in pay between a councillor and a lead member. The gap is too wide, Executive Board Lead Members pay should be set at a maximum of £21k. It is hard to give up the high salary, hence keep stum and follow the leader and keep your job.

Stoneagle
    Participant

Where does the figure of “£13 million over 2 years” come from? I understand the Wrexham block grant 2017/8 will be reduced by 0.3%, which is £500,000.

And how about the cash reserves of £7 million? Type in ‘cash reserves’ on the wcbc website to see the details.

I’m not an accountant, so anyone who can explain in English would be welcomed.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=140616]Where does the figure of “£13 million over 2 years” come from? I understand the Wrexham block grant 2017/8 will be reduced by 0.3%, which is £500,000.

And how about the cash reserves of £7 million? Type in ‘cash reserves’ on the wcbc website to see the details.

I’m not an accountant, so anyone who can explain in English would be welcomed.[/quote]

Was it this reserves strategy PDF?
    https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/assets/pdfs/financial/reserves_strategy.pdf

Seems a certain £7m+ funding reserves pot has been burned through over the last few years and is now 0 (see the image link below), unless it has been moved elsewhere. Again, I’m no accountant, so someone in know would be able to help us.
    https://ibb.co/dHux8R

Stoneagle
    Participant

Yes Matt, that’s the link I found. So, for anyone who can explain :

If Wrexham received a block grant from the WAG reduced by 0.3%, where does the figure of £13 million cuts over 2 yrs come from? Surely that’s not 0.3%?

Have WCBC got £7m + reserves?

I wonder how much Price Waterhouse Cooper charged for the Difficult Decisions review?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News