Demolition of Police station

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Demolition of Police station

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I believe they are bringing down the old police station on Sunday 1st November. Hopefully it will be famed as part of Wrexham’s history. I guess the Asda car park will be the best place to watch the demolition.

AMA Express
    Participant

I’m pretty certain that they’ll not be using any demolition charges as it’s too congested around there. Probably going to take it down using mechanical peckers.

TimRegency
    Participant

I thought there’s some asbestos material in the police station? If so, demolition by explosives 🧨 is probably not a good idea.

AMA Express
    Participant

I stand corrected.

The tower will brought down using a controlled explosion by Total Demolition Services at 8.30 am on Sunday 1 November

Public warned to observe lockdown and stay away when former police station tower gets blown up

TimRegency
    Participant

Would have been sweeter on November 5th. Help us reflect on what might have been.

Matt
    Participant

Stay away from the explosion and observe lockdown please, but here is the exact date and time when it’s going to happen.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Hopefully no one on Park Avenue, Westminster Avenue and Penymaes Avenue likes to sleep in a little longer on a Sunday morning.

AMA Express
    Participant

Is it essential though ?

Rondetto
    Participant

Good to see it from different angles. So, it’s gone and once the debris is taken away roll on Lidl. I bet they throw that up quickly, bet it will be up and running in the spring.

AMA Express
    Participant
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News

Wrexham to host to second stage of Tour of Britain Women

News

Man “arrested on suspicion of wounding” after “public order incident” in city centre

News