Democracy Wins – The Peoples Verdict

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Democracy Wins – The Peoples Verdict

• Author

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Corbyn’s Labour party made Tony Blair a non-person and poured scorn on all the decisions he and his cabinet made in government. I guess when Corbyn has safe seat and a £75K salary he can afford to make his party unelectable.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

It is incredible that people go to the effort of registering to vote but dont make the effort to actually use their vote. Even abstaining by spoiling their ballot is too much of an interruption to their busy lives. Bizarre.

zinger
    Participant

Not to mention £3 million in the bank, & £1.6 million pension pot. He obviously leads a frugal life through sheer necessity. What Jeremy doesn’t believe in is ordinary people working hard to make a decent life for their families. If all the wealth of the world were shared out equally, before a week was out there would be those who had spent their lot & others who had saved or invested theirs.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=178176]What Jeremy doesn’t believe in is ordinary people working hard to make a decent life for their families.[/quote]

I’ve never seen him say anything like this. He promised a decent minimum wage and green new deal jobs that would have helped both the planet and ordinary people working hard to make a decent life for their families.

Still, it’s nice to see somebody set out why they have a problem with Jeremy’s politics rather than just attack him personally.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Timmy, Jeremy was to use a motoring metaphor, talking out of his ‘back box’..!

Most sensible folk in the country could see through his spending pledges hence why he is out in his ear!

Lilly

MadMan
    Participant

Why anybody would vote for a party that offers them nothing is beyond me, I love not getting an appointment with my GP, I love not having a local library, I love not having a community, I love seeing homeless on the streets and increase in food bank attendance and stagnant wages. It also seems people love going to war (I see there has been a sudden love for Tony Blair in the UK and George Bush stateside in certain corners). I’ll agree that there were positives with Tony Blair, but to lead us into war and all that money spent on War was overshadowed by the media’s obsession with over-spending on the public sector, which shows where their priorities lie and so do where the country’s priorities lie.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

Well Madman I’m delighted Labour didn’t get in to crash the economy again, so my children would have to pay for their mismanagement and corruption. Remember it was Blair that changed the GP contracts making them hugely more costly to the NHS and giving GP’s the upper hand in setting their own workload and hours, hence many GP’s we’re able to half their working hours for the same remuneration overnight!

Lilly

MadMan
    Participant

While even I didn’t like Blair’s Labour Government it can’t be said they caused the economic crash it is factually incorrect, did they play apart yes of course one being poor regulation of the financial industry (Conservatives don’t like regulations) and spending (i.e War). Labour played a part in destroying the NHS too, but Blair was not the leader in this election (Thank God).

MP1953
    Participant

but Blair was not the leader in this election (Thank God).[/quote]

But you would have had a Labour Goverment though.

MadMan
    Participant

Yeah and that is incredibly sad that you think that a person that sent our men and women to death fighting regime change wars and spent millions and millions instead of looking after people back home had more of a chance in this election. What a world we live in.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Democracy Wins – The Peoples Verdict’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News