Democracy has died bring forward a Save Wrexham party for next years election

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Democracy has died bring forward a Save Wrexham party for next years election

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=109783]Good points by all, but lets face it public, the only people interested in politics, voting, elections etc.etc are the ones directly involved – the ones in post, or the wanabees! You only have to look at the poor turnout for local, general and any other type of election going, VOTE APATHY [if you can be bothered].[/quote]

To paraphrase Plato…
    ‘One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.’

gogledd
    Participant

[quote quote=109791]

Good points by all, but lets face it public, the only people interested in politics, voting, elections etc.etc are the ones directly involved – the ones in post, or the wanabees! You only have to look at the poor turnout for local, general and any other type of election going, VOTE APATHY [if you can be bothered].

To paraphrase Plato…
    ‘One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.’

[/quote]

Plato? Wasn’t that Donald Duck’s dog?

Sheefag
    Participant

Cmedson
    Participant

[quote quote=109773]Quite right Benjamin M, I couldn’t agree more, personally I think Wales deserves better than desperate Plaid candidates trying to get into local government any way they can, after being defeated in the last local elections.[/quote]

I don’t understand your point. Any Plaid candidates will be standing for Plaid not a ‘Save Wrexham Party.’ Might get a few ex-Labourites standing as SWP candidates as though as half of them left the sinking Labour ship.

Cmedson
    Participant

[quote quote=109772]

Plaid Cymru are all ready fighting for all the points made in the Save Wrexham Party plea statment Vote for your Plaid Cymru candidate in next years council ellections, for a diffrent direction in local polotics.

If your spelling and grammar are indicative of the standard of governance we could expect from Plaid Cymru, I wouldn’t even consider putting them in charge of a whelk stall. Dream on.

[/quote]

More typical anti-Plaid rhetoric from Mr. “I hate all things Welsh.” I seriously wonder if he is being paid by the Labour Party to post these things. Almost seems like a full time job the amount of time he spends doing it!

PS Try posting something in Welsh if you really want to get Benjy foaming at the mouth!

Sheefag
    Participant

Plaid have never quite made that political leap from representing Welsh speakers to representing the Welsh electorate.

Dragon
    Participant

If plaid want to make any gains in Wrexham they need to improve the standard of candidate selection, with the exception of Arfon Jones

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News