Democracy has died bring forward a Save Wrexham party for next years election

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Democracy has died bring forward a Save Wrexham party for next years election

• Author

Woodland Dragon
    Participant

Plaid Cymru are all ready fighting for all the points made in the Save Wrexham Party plea statment Vote for your Plaid Cymru candidate in next years council ellections, for a diffrent direction in local polotics.

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=109770]Plaid Cymru are all ready fighting for all the points made in the Save Wrexham Party plea statment Vote for your Plaid Cymru candidate in next years council ellections, for a diffrent direction in local polotics.

[/quote]
    If your spelling and grammar are indicative of the standard of governance we could expect from Plaid Cymru, I wouldn’t even consider putting them in charge of a whelk stall. Dream on.

Dragon
    Participant

Quite right Benjamin M, I couldn’t agree more, personally I think Wales deserves better than desperate Plaid candidates trying to get into local government any way they can, after being defeated in the last local elections.

Council Watcher
    Participant

One of the points on this is that ALL traditional political parties do not appear to listen to the general public jumping on the band wagon of others and seeking photo opportunities.The electorate deserve more and people not engaged with Party Politics may be the way forward. The most crucial aspect in local elections is to vote for the person you feel will genuinely represent those that vote for them– instead of the sheep that feel they have to follow ‘their’ leader. Far play to Phil Wynne and a couple of other Independents who votes o tow the party line (even if the Party in this case are Independents)

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=109776]One of the points on this is that ALL traditional political parties do not appear to listen to the general public jumping on the band wagon of others and seeking photo opportunities.The electorate deserve more and people not engaged with Party Politics may be the way forward. The most crucial aspect in local elections is to vote for the person you feel will genuinely represent those that vote for them– instead of the sheep that feel they have to follow ‘their’ leader. Far play to Phil Wynne and a couple of other Independents who votes o tow the party line (even if the Party in this case are Independents)

[/quote]
    Council Watcher. – You started this forum saying the last council meeting was a disgrace, the evasiveness of lead members marked and public questions not answered and your last post advocates ” people not engaged with party politics may be the way forward.” Can’t for the life of me see how those two match up as 28 of the ruling 33 members of the current council class themselves as “INDEPENDENT ” even if 10 of them were elected in 2012 with the help and finance of a political party. I will leave it to Wrexham.com followers to see if they agree with your premise that Independents run things better!
    When first elected I asked the question “Independent group! How does that work?

The Monitor
    Participant

[quote quote=109743]I totally disagree with you. I went to the meeting and the only people who were rude were the public gallery who shouted the mayor was a liar. It was disgraceful behaviour and unacceptable.

[/quote]

Disagree as much as you want. People can watch the recorded webcast to get some idea of what went on. The only disgraceful and unacceptable behaviour came from various councillors. The reaction from the public gallery was one of total frustration with the methods used by some Councillors, Lead Members and the inadequate deputy mayor.

Are you one of those councillors???

Council Watcher
    Participant

Andrew I think you missed the point about “The most crucial aspect in local elections is to vote for the person you feel will genuinely represent those that vote for them” — there are not many people who can say that their Council Member does this when their is a ‘whip’ process in a Group and nit free vote.
    One line I suppose I did miss out was that the ‘quality’ of the person elected needs to be of a standard to full fill the role.
    It has been stated on another thread that less than 50% of the Council Members across all Parties can even be bothered to report annually on what they have done (not done) . This does include you Andrew as the last one you have listed is 2012/13- why do you not feel you should be brought to account- perhaps the Ballot Box will tell.

Dragon
    Participant

Monitor, I am not a Councillor as this is a thankless job with no appreciation of the work involved, however I do feel the need to respond as this website seems to have little else to report except the negative comments about Wrexham and the same few people with little else to do posting the comments,my remarks were about the lack of respect the lady in the gallery had when she called out that the mayor was a liar, this is my view was unacceptable.

Daave63
    Participant

Good points by all, but lets face it public, the only people interested in politics, voting, elections etc.etc are the ones directly involved – the ones in post, or the wanabees! You only have to look at the poor turnout for local, general and any other type of election going, VOTE APATHY [if you can be bothered].

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=109779]Andrew I think you missed the point about “The most crucial aspect in local elections is to vote for the person you feel will genuinely represent those that vote for them” — there are not many people who can say that their Council Member does this when their is a ‘whip’ process in a Group and nit free vote.
    One line I suppose I did miss out was that the ‘quality’ of the person elected needs to be of a standard to full fill the role.
    It has been stated on another thread that less than 50% of the Council Members across all Parties can even be bothered to report annually on what they have done (not done) . This does include you Andrew as the last one you have listed is 2012/13- why do you not feel you should be brought to account- perhaps the Ballot Box will tell.

[/quote]
    Guilty as charged on the council report although I thought it was only one year I have missed.( note to self must do better for 2015-16 ) As you say the ballot box will tell and I console myself that in the past 23 years it has told for me on 5 occasions and against the once! ( note to electorate- ignore the Tory government attempt to remove around 1 million from the electoral roll and register at :- http://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote )

Your beef seems to be as much about the group whip system as the party system and here I contend you miss the point. I am sure in your council watching you have noticed the 10-0 ( previously 7-3 or 8-2 ) votes at board meetings and the way council votes go so we can both guess that a whip system is alive and well among the Independent groups or Alliance. Remember the ” we will support Indepevndents to be independent by remaining Independent ” quote from 2014 and compare with subsequent evidence

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News