Dee Valley Water

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dee Valley Water

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Just a warning to others on a meter with Dee Valley Water following my experience this week.
    Be aware that they only actually read you meter once a year and the other 3 bills will be estimated. We have lived in this house from new for 6 years now and the bill has never topped £90 using approx 19-25cubic metres per quarter.
    Yesterday I had a letter saying my meter reading was high(bill was (£178!!!) and I should check for leaks. There are no leaks and dee valley have put a hold on my account whilst they look into it but what looks like has happened is because they have estimated for a year under our comsumption now they have read the meter that under estimation has caught up in one huge lump sum.
    I’m not moaning about price of water etc and I know I could have sent a meter reading to them myself but I was totally unaware they only actually read it annually. I just want to make others aware in case the same happens to them.
    Trust me it’s a shock when a bill jumps that much!!

KKOB
    Participant

We had a similar experience. We live in a rented property and received the same sort of letter from DVW. However, we’ve put it down to the fact that there are 4 adults living in the house where previously there were only 2.

Funnily enough, we’ve just had the electricity meter reader knocking on the door. He’s the first one we’ve seen in 10 months.

Darlofan
    Participant

Gas and electric i’ve never had a problem with because if a bill is a bit higher i generally read meter and input reading online. Water has been consistent for last 6 years so never checked actual or estimate readings. I have to say though Dee Valley seems so behind the times, they must be the only one you can’t register an online account with and use this way.

wrexview
    Participant

Even if a house is empty and no water is used at all you now have to pay £24.75 per quarter to Dee Valley if you are on a meter!

Chris
    Participant

Something worth knowing, if you have three or more children living at home then you entitled to a cheaper tariff. The water companies will not inform you of this.

wxmfan
    Participant

I read my own meter every three months and submitt it to Dee Water, and have no problems with my water bills

Darlofan
    Participant

@wxm/fan 1742 wrote:

I read my own meter every three months and submitt it to Dee Water, and have no problems with my water bills

I’ll be doing that from now on. Like i said above if a bill had been out of the ordinary i would have checked the meter. There is a guy coming out on Friday just to check everything is ok.

Chris
    Participant

@Darlofan 1749 wrote:

I’ll be doing that from now on. Like i said above if a bill had been out of the ordinary i would have checked the meter. There is a guy coming out on Friday just to check everything is ok.

Just check that there is no charge for the visit, should the meter be working ok.

NJones
    Participant

My sister had a problem whereby she was billed for the wrong meter for her property. She lived next to a big family and could n’t understand why when living alone her bill was so high. the meter reader had cocked up and put their reading on her meter number. A few phone calls later it was resolved.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Dirty brown water in New Broughton/ Bryteg area this morning.

Also yet another sort power cut. They happen quite regular, a week or two ago we had four in a week.

They occur between 7am and 8am, last for a second or two, some time we get two failures within seconds of the first.
    I think it’s something to do with a surge when most people are getting up and switching on kettles and the likes.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News