Debenhams Rumours

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Debenhams Rumours

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@wrexview 14984 wrote:

Many towns the size of Wrexham would be delighted to welcome Debenhams, M&S and Next into their midst. With Click and Collect all ranges are available and returns can be made in store, as shoppers we have never had it so good ! No need to travel to Chester or Cheshire Oaks it’s here on our doorstep.

WHAT,,, you are joking of course :D

The problem is and always was that these stores are not in the midst of the Wrexham town center, then as already mentioned a couple of times on another thread there is the parking issue !!

Prestatyn is in the center of the town and is free parking and right next to the bus and train stations, of which is ideal for the older people who do not drive, and despite a previous post stating it was quiet I was there yesterday and it seemed quite busy to me…:)

Wrexham over the last 20 to 30 years seem to get everything wrong:eek::eek:

beedar
    Participant

Is Wrexham the only town in Britain where it’s main shopping precinct is almost a mile from it’s main bus station ?

wrexview
    Participant

They tried the “Shoppa Hoppa” to take people through the town but it had very little use , not even the free bus pass people used it.

MP1953
    Participant

amended

The problem is and always was that these stores are not in the midst of the Wrexham town center, then as already mentioned a couple of times on another thread there is the parking issue !!

Prestatyn’s new shopping outlet is in the center of the town and is free parking and right next to the bus and train stations, of which is ideal for the older people who do not drive, and despite a previous post stating it was quiet I was there yesterday and it seemed quite busy to me…:)

Wrexham over the last 20 to 30 years seem to have got everything wrong:eek::eek:

jimbow
    Participant

@MP1953 14994 wrote:

amended

Wrexham over the last 20 to 30 years seem to have got everything wrong:eek::eek:

I agree.It took nearly 60 years after the 2nd world war ended for a major road to be built onto Wrexham Industrial Estate.An estate that employs thousands of people and is said to be the biggest in Wales.We lack anybody with push,complacency seems to be the name of the game in Wrexham.

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@MP1953 14994 wrote:

amended
    Prestatyn’s new shopping outlet is in the center of the town and is free parking and right next to the bus and train stations, of which is ideal for the older people who do not drive, and despite a previous post stating it was quiet I was there yesterday and it seemed quite busy to me…:)

Where in the centre of Wrexham town would you have located a shopping outlet the size of Eagles Meadow?! It was built in the only large enough space in Wrexham, it’s a 7-8 minute walk from the bus station, which some may say is too far, but that walk takes you right through the older parts of town and thus delivers a ready-made passing trade to all of those stores complaining that they don’t get enough footfall!

If the bus station was relocated to Eagles Meadow or (as you suggest) Eagles Meadow had been built closer to the bus station, where shoppers could just go straight from bus to shopping outlet, then there would have been even more complaints about it taking trade away from the older parts of town.

As others have mentioned, a free bus connection was put in place so people didn’t need to walk to Eagles Meadow from the bus station … and no-one used it!

I agree that there are a lot of mistakes in Wrexham … but sometimes it feels like people moan just for the sake of moaning and can’t ever find something good to say. Many towns would kill for a development like Eagles Meadow, its brought cinema, bowling, dining and shopping in a modern and pleasant environment into easy reach of the majority of residents, but still people have to gripe that “it’s not quite this” and “it’s not quite that” and “if only it was …”

There are some real problems in town … Eagles Meadow, thankfully, isn’t one of them. What about Bridge Street and Brook Street? Now there’s something to moan about! Derelict buildings that no-one is doing anything about, scruffy looking shops that sell tat and rubbish, an abandoned building site that never seems to have anything done to it! And about the same walking distance from the bus station as Eagles Meadow. An ideal location for a second or third Eagles Meadow perhaps?! I’d much rather see that than have to look at any more scruffy, dirty, derelict, vandal-ridden heaps of old bricks!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News