De-Listing The Groves

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum De-Listing The Groves

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Funding sources-
    St Mary’s moving from existing location — land value released to be part of the Penybryn development site
    If it was a combined Anglican and Catholic school — Anglicans already have a £12m plus funding scheme for ‘educ ational use’
    Faith schools have a separte funding stream in WG
    WG 21st Century schools

The poitential is there without having to dip into local Education funding in Council

wrexview
    Participant

Would they take on a listed Groves building ?

AMA Express
    Participant

Oh well, if it’s got to be an educational establishment, it’ll no doubt end up as a Madrasa.

VOR2016
    Participant

It’s been bugging me who Cllr Mark Pritchard reminds me of.

It’s Buzz McCallister, the not so sharp bully from the Home Alone movies.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=123694]It’s been bugging me who Cllr Mark Pritchard reminds me of.

It’s Buzz McCallister, the not so sharp bully from the Home Alone movies.

[/quote]

V

VOR2016
    Participant

It was more to do with their personality, diplomacy and intelligence but I suppose there is a certain likeness!

Ponciau
    Participant

Leader live poll last week hasn’t been printed but it’s there if you want to see it nearly 300 took part 82% think it should be flattened

The Monitor
    Participant

[quote quote=123805]Leader live poll last week hasn’t been printed but it’s there if you want to see it nearly 300 took part 82% think it should be flattened

[/quote]

Population of Wrexham County Borough is approximately 135,000 of which approximately 63,000 live within the town of Wrexham and its surrounding conurbation of urban villages.

That calculates out at
    (a) approx. 101,500 of voting age in Wrexham County Borough, and
    (b) approx. 48,750 of voting age in the town of Wrexham and its conurbation of urban village.

300 took part???? that is approximately:
    (a) 0.29% of the electorate of Wrexham County Borough and
    (b) 0.61% of the electorate living within the town and its conurbation of villages.

Those for destroying the school represent in the region of:
    (a 0.23% if the Wrexham electorate, and
    (b) 0.50%.of the Wrexham County Borough electorate.

Hardly a representative poll????? Infact a mockery of the idea of polling. More like a Trump rig.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=123835]

Leader live poll last week hasn’t been printed but it’s there if you want to see it nearly 300 took part 82% think it should be flattened

Population of Wrexham County Borough is approximately 135,000 of which approximately 63,000 live within the town of Wrexham and its surrounding conurbation of urban villages.

That calculates out at
    (a) approx. 101,500 of voting age in Wrexham County Borough, and
    (b) approx. 48,750 of voting age in the town of Wrexham and its conurbation of urban village.

300 took part???? that is approximately:
    (a) 0.29% of the electorate of Wrexham County Borough and
    (b) 0.61% of the electorate living within the town and its conurbation of villages.

Those for destroying the school represent in the region of:
    (a 0.23% if the Wrexham electorate, and
    (b) 0.50%.of the Wrexham County Borough electorate.

Hardly a representative poll????? Infact a mockery of the idea of polling. More like a Trump rig.

[/quote]

I would also bet that the majority of those who took part were not representative of the general people of Wrexham, probably either youngsters who never knew of the building as a school or people who have moved into the area and don’t understand the history, or dare I say it Councillors or council employees !!
    that is why I think all the polling forecasts have been wrong as of late, the right people have not been asked.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Its not that the right people have not been asked as everyone would have had the opportunity but it was an issue that just did not motivate them– statistcally you could argue that a non participative viter is one who either disagrees or could not care less and certainly no one that actually wnated to save the building

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News