Darland Golf Course New Housing Development

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Darland Golf Course New Housing Development

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

I just wondered if anybody had heard the rumour that Darland Golf Course is to become a large scale housing development.
    Did anybody really believe that it was going to be transformed for Agriculture Land use ?

Born Acorn
    Participant

There are always rumours about things either becoming:

1. Houses
    2. Tesco

I don’t put any stock in them until there’s evidence.

Saxon1
    Participant

Was a reliable source, but would not be surprised if it were true. Lets wait and see !

Captain C
    Participant

The land was owned by a man named Morgan (who just happens to own Redrow Builders). He then sold it on to a company (which I believe he owns) for use as the golf course. When the golf club closed he then bought it back and as it is no longer agricultural land but has been used for a business over the last 9 years it is now cheap land for Redrow to build on in the future and as such much harder to oppose. Never trust a clever developer as he will stab us all in the back.

Pinky02
    Participant

I think the land is now owned by CR & GM Woollam & son (Agriculture) Limited and the company has a poultry farm in Oswestry.

BenjaminM
    Participant

It has finally arrived, the second chapter of the Llay saga. A tale of a cruel landlord who, despite the wishes of some of the citizens of his kingdom, decides to sell land he owns for development, to a rich property developer. Also, the Lord of the nearby manor thinks what a good idea, I will build some houses on the land I own and make myself even richer.
    The people of the first kingdom are up in arms about their landlords plans but aren’t really concerned about the plans for their neighbouring manor as it has no affect on their lives, because it is not in their Kingdom.
    An interesting tale of greed and avarice is in prospect, but I am not sure, from the opening paragraphs that it will provide the reader with the entertainment value of the previous tome.
    I am sure readers will rapidly make up their minds about its’ literary merit. It can easily be found and read in the fiction section of Wrexham.com.

Parking1
    Participant

Well it would be around the sewage works which were slap bang in the middle. Also very boggy seen the 1st green under water before now.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor