Cyclyst using the pavement

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cyclyst using the pavement

• Author

sparky1
    Participant

@Sheefag 18059 wrote:

But you know 100% more about Norwegian Maki and the bonus is you’ll never cycle on the pavement.
    What Wrexham needs right now is a ‘No Expense Spared’ Arts Hub to host this kind of spectacle.
    Petty crime would be cut at a stroke and the masses enriched, just imagine, at last a fitting home for The Spring Lodge Amateur Dramatics Association and The Glan Yr Afon Shakespeare Society.

UNLIMITED MONEY SO THAT WE CAN HAVE ART FOR THE MASSES MMMMM NOW THERES A THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did we not have that when the lottery was set up? Making more money available to the rich for their enjoyment going to the OPERA and such like?????????????????

johnhoppy
    Participant

@sparky1 18061 wrote:

UNLIMITED MONEY SO THAT WE CAN HAVE ART FOR THE MASSES MMMMM NOW THERES A THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did we not have that when the lottery was set up? Making more money available to the rich for their enjoyment going to the OPERA and such like?????????????????

Of course. As long as they kept the prices at a level of a small mortgage to keep the unwashed away.

Sheefag
    Participant

There’s a wonderful Scandinavian dance about Finnish Quail in the wild that illustrates your point beautifully.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Shefag, I thought I was the puddled one?

Just going back to the cyclist issue for one moment, thanks to the thick cyclist on the Cefn Road [not cycle path] tonight bout 5:30pm on a bend forcing an equally thick driver of a Corsa onto my side of the road and if I hadn’t swerved would have been a head-on.

Anyway back to the dance, 2..3..4…….

JaneJ
    Participant

What about the people on mobility scooters – aren’t they the same or worse than cyclists driving on pavements……

Fugazi3973
    Participant

Rules for users of powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters (36 to 46)

2. On pavements (38 to 40)
    Pavements are safer than roads and should be used when available. You should give pedestrians priority and show consideration for other pavement users, particularly those with a hearing or visual impairment who may not be aware that you are there.

Powered wheelchairs and scooters MUST NOT travel faster than 4 mph (6 km/h) on pavements or in pedestrian areas. You may need to reduce your speed to adjust to other pavement users who may not be able to move out of your way quickly enough or where the pavement is too narrow.
    Law UICHR 1988 reg 4

When moving off the pavement onto the road, you should take special care. Before moving off, always look round and make sure it’s safe to join the traffic. Always try to use dropped kerbs when moving off the pavement, even if this means travelling further to locate one. If you have to climb or descend a kerb, always approach it at right angles and don’t try to negotiate a kerb higher than the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

That’s 6!

Null
    Participant

No it isn’t

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Good one, by the way, are you the Llayman in the street? [Layman see what I did there]

jackndanni
    Participant

As a cyclist myself I can say I NEVER ride on the pavement. I totally understand why some people do though. Until you get on a bike and see for yourself how bad the standard of driving is on ALL roads, not just Wrexham, you may then appreciate why some cyclists prefer to stay on the pavement.
    Also the complaint about the bike lights being blinding. The complainant doesn’t state if they are in a vehicle or on foot but thinking about it, it must be on foot because to be blinded as a driver you would have to be following the cyclist and unable to pass due to the blindness to warrant it a problem which is unlikely. On foot I cant see a valid reason either thinking about it … I would guess it is far better to have bright lights to be seen???
    When riding my bike at night motorists coming towards me driving on full beam is totally blinding to the point of having to stop because I can’t see where going I’m at all. That’s a problem. It’s great if they’re behind me lighting up the way!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News