Cyclyst using the pavement

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cyclyst using the pavement

• Author

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Hello, is any one out their listening, it was a joke, a bit of a laugh, Moggies…..Grandad….call the warden mummy its time for your medication.

cmaj76
    Participant

@Fugazi3973 18026 wrote:

It is NOT perfectly ok to not use the cycle lanes or the roads. It is illegal to ride on pavements

https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82/overview-59-to-71

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.
    Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129

Maybe bicycle riders need to realise they do no not own the pavements. Pavements are NOT there for ALL to use, so do not attempt to share.

They don’t follow this one either so there we go:

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
    Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

Maureen Gray
    Participant

@cmaj76 18028 wrote:

They don’t follow this one either so there we go:

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
    Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

I thought 69 was the law where you could go either way but prohibited from discharging your load during certain times of the month.

cmaj76
    Participant

But not in oncoming traffic

BigYellowTaxiBike
    Participant

I sometimes cycle on the pavements. And through the middle of town. Yes I must be the devil. However, I do only use the pavements when the roads are too fast moving to be safe or uphill where I would slow down traffic. And I cycle through the middle of town as if cars can go there then so can bikes. I cycle because its cheaper than driving, its cleaner than driving, its healthier than driving. On occasion, where I believe safety is risk, I do break the law, for the safety of my children, myself, and everyone else. I don’t believe I am reckless, but please feel free to point out to me (in a police way) if you ever see me and think that I am. Oh, and always use lights. That’s just basic.

Fugazi3973
    Participant

I was once hit by a cyclist on a pavement. I fell,landed awkwardly, and broke my wrist. I bet they thought they weren’t being reckless. Not that they stopped for me to ask. I doubt very much that they MEANT to hurt me. But by breaking the law they broke me.

Of course, look after yourself, your child, but acts like riding on the pavement is not safe for everyone else.

Sheefag
    Participant

Interpretive dance.
    It’s the way forward.
    WCBC must act and STOP THE MADNESS.

Sheefag
    Participant

The Norwegians have used Interpretive Dance to great effect in promoting Sushi, the parallels with THE CYCLING MENACE are patently obvious.

Here, we see a performance group that interpret sushi recipes such as Maki, Sashimi and Nigiri into dance, this could easily be adapted with money from WCBC to fight back against THE CYCLING MENACE.

This is what I’m talking about,

Ferret
    Participant

@Sheefag 18044 wrote:

The Norwegians have used Interpretive Dance to great effect in promoting Sushi, the parallels with THE CYCLING MENACE are patently obvious.

Here, we see a performance group that interpret sushi recipes such as Maki, Sashimi and Nigiri into dance, this could easily be adapted with money from WCBC to fight back against THE CYCLING MENACE.

This is what I’m talking about,

There goes one minute and seven seconds I’ll never see again.

Sheefag
    Participant

But you know 100% more about Norwegian Maki and the bonus is you’ll never cycle on the pavement.
    What Wrexham needs right now is a ‘No Expense Spared’ Arts Hub to host this kind of spectacle.
    Petty crime would be cut at a stroke and the masses enriched, just imagine, at last a fitting home for The Spring Lodge Amateur Dramatics Association and The Glan Yr Afon Shakespeare Society.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News