Cyclyst using the pavement

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cyclyst using the pavement

• Author

Ferret
    Participant

@seaneb 17997 wrote:

So it’s ok to not use cycle lanes, nor the roads, but use the footpaths and run down pedestrians instead is it?

I think cyclists should be made to pay road tax and forced to use cycle lanes, and in their absence the roads.

How’s that for an idea!!!!

And off we go again…..
    People on bikes should pay road tax
    There’s no such thing as road tax
    We already pay road tax on our cars
    Ban them
    It’s all the fault of people on bikes
    It’s all the fault of motorists
    grrr bah hmph

OK that’s that done. Next topic?

Sheefag
    Participant

Hold on there young Ferret, PhilWynn hasn’t popped up to canvass for votes or political advantage yet.

CVA01
    Participant

WCBC propose using stingers to catch cyclists using pavement. A vote winner?? If I had the time Id stand for election.

Sheefag
    Participant

WCBC propose spending six figures on commissioning consultants report on the effectiveness of interpretive dance, to discourage cyclists on pavements.

jamesbwxm
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 17982 wrote:

ride along the pavement – especially along Cefn Road towards the industrial estate!

You mean that pavement which is signposted for dual use by cyclists and pedestrians? Yeah, odd that.

Born Acorn
    Participant

The worst thing about Cefn road is that now some cyclists remain on the road holding up traffic at rush hour when the new cycle path is right there!

cmaj76
    Participant

I like the cyclists and pedestrians who are dressed all in black with no lights who frequent the Cefn Road. It makes them a bit more challenging to run over.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Sweetie, I’m 35 years old and not a dopey teenager and actually was brought up with some common sense so wouldn’t run down a pedestrian. However, when I was a kid, no one had a problem with people on their bikes on the pavement.

It is perfectly ok to not use the cycle lanes or the roads because no one wants to get killed using either. My fella used to cycle to work every day and cycle back. He stopped doing so and sold his bike. Why you ask? Because he was fed up of being knocked off his bike when in a cycle lane.

Maybe car drivers need to realise that they do not own the roads. The roads are there for ALL to use so just learn to share.

@seaneb 17997 wrote:

So it’s ok to not use cycle lanes, nor the roads, but use the footpaths and run down pedestrians instead is it?

I think cyclists should be made to pay road tax and forced to use cycle lanes, and in their absence the roads.

How’s that for an idea!!!!

Maureen Gray
    Participant

I was only having a laff again, it doesn’t half reil folk though!!

Fugazi3973
    Participant

@justjojo2011 18019 wrote:

Sweetie, I’m 35 years old and not a dopey teenager and actually was brought up with some common sense so wouldn’t run down a pedestrian. However, when I was a kid, no one had a problem with people on their bikes on the pavement.

It is perfectly ok to not use the cycle lanes or the roads because no one wants to get killed using either. My fella used to cycle to work every day and cycle back. He stopped doing so and sold his bike. Why you ask? Because he was fed up of being knocked off his bike when in a cycle lane.

Maybe car drivers need to realise that they do not own the roads. The roads are there for ALL to use so just learn to share.

It is NOT perfectly ok to not use the cycle lanes or the roads. It is illegal to ride on pavements

https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82/overview-59-to-71

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.
    Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129

Maybe bicycle riders need to realise they do no not own the pavements. Pavements are NOT there for ALL to use, so do not attempt to share.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News