Cyclyst using the pavement

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cyclyst using the pavement

• Author

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Why oh, why oh, why…….do cycylists think they can ride on the pavement all the time. On the rare occaision that I instruct George to get the vandan plas out of the garage and take a trip, cycylisst or roadkill as George refers to them,
    ride along the pavement – especially along Cefn Road towards the industrial estate! The only good think thing about them is that they are helping with global warming by not having any lights on!!

Andy
    Participant

I would ride on the pavement if I knew you and George were driving behind me.

Ferret
    Participant

They’re not cyclists. Those are people on bikes.

dagg
    Participant

I have the same problem when I get the Bentley out. The chauffeur worries about scratching the paint work.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Why can’t you lot be serious for once!!!

dagg
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 17987 wrote:

Why can’t you lot be serious for once!!!

Sorry. They are a pain, it’s the same in town don’t look were they are going and give you a dirty look if you don’t move out of the way.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I would never ride on the road if I rode a bike. Why? Because too many lunatic car drivers want to run cyclists off it

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Come come, children, I was being ironic [again],
    what I was getting at is the stupid tawts who ride their bikes down the road in pitch black conditions along side a perfectly good Cycle Lane!
    Perhaps I can…sorry my George can drive our car down the cycle lane.

The other thing that annoys me is them flashing spot lights that some cyclists have – they are blinding!

Sorry to fool you all again, I am like a silly old woman.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhaaaah!!!

seaneb
    Participant

@justjojo2011 17990 wrote:

I would never ride on the road if I rode a bike. Why? Because too many lunatic car drivers want to run cyclists off it

So it’s ok to not use cycle lanes, nor the roads, but use the footpaths and run down pedestrians instead is it?

I think cyclists should be made to pay road tax and forced to use cycle lanes, and in their absence the roads.

How’s that for an idea!!!!

CVA01
    Participant

The main flaw in your plan is that there is no such thing as road tax. The use of public highways is completely free and not subject to any taxes regardless of whether you use a self powered vehicle or an internal combustion one.

The real solution to cyclists on pavements is for the law to be upheld. It is illegal to cycle on the pavement so people who do should be fined.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News