Cycling tour of Britain

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cycling tour of Britain

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I’ve never seen so many Police in the town. I watched dozens of police on motorcycles go up Rhosddu Road, followed by a few dozen police cars. Then came the cyclists going flat out. I was slightly surprised that the roads weren’t closed and wondered what they’d do if a pedestrian pressed the button to cross the road at the pelican crossing.
    The Police had obviously considered all as they blocked off side roads and carefully watched all crossings in the minutes prior to the cyclists comong through.

Steve
    Participant

[Youtube]gliE191KbaE[/youtube]

was nice to see the event come through town. As well as some photos thought i’d shoot a little GoPro video…

Tour of Britain 2013 – Wrexham St Giles Way – YouTube

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I watched them whizz past. I saw a flash of yellow sleeve, that was Wiggins. The rolling road block was fascinating to watch, a bit like a motorbike relay race. The back up vehicles included an AA van and an ambulance. I lost count of the spare bikes that went past. I really enjoyed the whole spectacle.

Steve
    Participant

You can see my GoPro recording the above video on Wrexham.com main photo…..

tour-of-brit-featured.jpg

DGLYON9
    Participant

@Steve 9218 wrote:

You can see my GoPro recording the above video on Wrexham.com main photo…..

tour-of-brit-featured.jpg

We saw to event after Capel Curig as riders flashed by on way to Llanberis…superb event

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News