Cutting subsided bus services to rural areas

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cutting subsided bus services to rural areas

• Author

wxm
    Participant

Your not 93 years of age then, fought through the war to give people the freedom they have today, and then taken their transport away, consigning them to their home

BenjaminM
    Participant

@wxm 10731 wrote:

Your not 93 years of age then, fought through the war to give people the freedom they have today, and then taken their transport away, consigning them to their home

A rather emotive statement but nonsense all the same. And especially from one who has been consistently critical of WCBC’s, (as he/ she sees it) profligate spending. Perhaps the proposal is part of the overarching, cohesive and integrated plan that he has been proposing ad nauseum.

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments made by AMA Express.

Metalhead
    Participant

@BenjaminM 10733 wrote:

A rather emotive statement but nonsense all the same…

Benjamin, you claimed to have ‘a problem’ when I stated certain responses were irrelevant to the subject matter on another thread. Yet here you appear to be referring to a forum members comment as ‘nonsense’, bit mystified as to why you would think that was OK?

wxm
    Participant

Yes, an integrated plan, that respects all, within an affordable pocket. Especially those of pensionable age who have paid for the infrastructure we have today.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Metalhead, the comment I made, and which you quote, was in direct correlation to the comment made by Wxm on this thread.
    Perhaps you should have cited the post immediately prior to mine if you wish to question relevancy.
    Not entirely sure how your first sentence marries with the second though.

Metalhead
    Participant

@BenjaminM 10738 wrote:

Metalhead, the comment I made, and which you quote, was in direct correlation to the comment made by Wxm on this thread.
    Perhaps you should have cited the post immediately prior to mine if you wish to question relevancy.
    Not entirely sure how your first sentence marries with the second though.

Benjamin, you stated in another thread that my responses were ‘denigrating’ other members posts when I stated that I believed them to be irrelevant to the subject matter. While I do not share your view I did accept it and responded accordingly. I was then rather surprised to read a comment where you seemed to be dismissing another forum members comment as ‘nonsense’.

johnhoppy
    Participant

If I want to go to town on an evening at present I catch a bus, have a few pints, catch the last bus home and it costs me nothing (except for the beer :) ) If evening buses are withdrawn if I want to keep my driving license I would have to take a taxi, which will cost me £6 each way, and this is only from Gwersyllt which is really just a short journey. Whilst I can afford this now and again I am sure many can not, and certainly I would have to curtail my social activities if the evening bus services were to disappear. I am sure that many people would not get out and about at all if subsidised bus services were to be withdrawn.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News