Curry night fundraiser to support Wrexham scout chosen to attend World Jamboree

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Curry night fundraiser to support Wrexham scout chosen to attend World Jamboree

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

Really? First millions raised for cats and now cash for a kid to go to a Jamboree!!!

My boiler broke weeks ago and I don’t have money to replace it. Can anyone raise money for me?

janeywxm
    Participant

The total cost of attending this event according to official pages would be £3495 which includes all meals, flights , accommodation and trips. Less than the price of a family holiday to Spain in August in most cases so I’m pretty sure his own family could club together and fund this themselves.

https://ukcontingent.co.uk/jamboree-2019/information-for-scout-counties-areas-and-regions/wsj-uk-contingent-fee/

Great if people want to support this but there are more worthy causes out there for me I’m afaid.

Janey

WreX-iT
    Participant

In that case i would like money for a holiday in Spain with Janey and some of the more likable members of the forum.

Cat curry for everyone then so i can get booking.

janeywxm
    Participant

LOL, just spat out my tea ;-)

Janey

katy
    Participant

Given that the price to fly to West Virginia is only about £600 return and that they will be staying in tents then the price of £3495 seems very high even after including the cost of food and trips etc. Someones making an absolute killing out of this.

WreX-iT
    Participant

So with the money from the “cat curry” night and Janey’s sponsored Tea Party, we can invite more forum users and aim for somewhere more exotic than Spain.

Katy, where do you suppose the rest of the Jamboree money will go?

katy
    Participant

Well the cost for US participants is about £1900, so i guess the UK Scout Assocation is taking a chunk out of the ~£1600 difference and NewWorld LLC the American company that is organising the event will be taking a chunk out of the £1900.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Surely this is no different to any other fundraising event — the members of the public have the personal option to donate or ignore. The experience of attending such an event will be something the young lad or lass will never forget and will be able to share with others when he is back.

This thread is a flurry of nothing- despite all politicians have tried to do they do not control who, how or when we donate.

Matt
    Participant

Given that the price to fly to West Virginia is only about £600 return

Country roads, take me home
    To the place I belong
    West Virginia, mountain mama
    Take me home, country roads

Denver

zinger
    Participant

I suspect that the flight in July – August is a little more than £600 return to West Virginia.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News