Cummings and Goings.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cummings and Goings.

• Author

Andy
    Participant

Dear Andrew “If he can travel 240 miles and back ( at least once ) without needing to top up with petrol , or electric charge – please inform me post haste where I can get this model of car !”

Oh my! Do you drive?
    Most modern cars have a minimum 500 miles cruising range.

Here are 5 cars that will do 1000 miles without needing a top up.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/company-cars/2016/top-long-range-diesel-saloons/

And your welcome

TimRegency
    Participant

Yeah Andy, but modern kids (or adults, for that matter,) don’t have a ‘hold my wee for 500 miles range.’

Your (sic) welcome.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

This shows the characteristics of the left. They were happy during Brexit to try to damage our democratic processes, change long term parliamentary rules, politicise the judiciary, and go against the vote of the people, because they know best. Everybody against their viewpoint are judged idiots or racist.

They are now playing the same political game with the pandemic.

A senior civil servant, high enough to have access to a government social media account, breaks the rules with no defence. It undermines the very foundation of our supposedly apolitical civil service, system of government and democracy. They are a hero, they should be hidden, not brought to account, worshiped rather than sacked. Of course, they know best.

Alternatively, the system is hacked, a serious criminal offence is committed. The offender should not be prosecuted because they are our hero. Because of course, they know best.

Cummings is accused of breaking the rules by anonymous people. Although it is not liked, he has a legal defence. He is hunted, harassed at home, shamed, he must resign or be sacked.

The hypocrisy of the left. It is okay to break the rules, with serious long term consequences to our government system, or commit criminal offences if it suits their aim. Because, they know best.

Cummings will one day disappear, as all politicians do. The damaged politicised civil service will remain and is far more serious. Do we need to take the American route and replace our civil servants at every election?

I can’t wait to see how the anti-Cummings brigade on here justify the hypocrisy, the actions of the hero, and do whatever it takes to get their way attitude.

I expect it will be their typical response that anyone who has an alternative view is a idiot. Remember, they know best.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/25/rogue-civil-service-tweet-uk

cmaj76
    Participant

To put it bluntly Wrexhamuser, people do not like being lied to and one of the country’s most dangerous liars has just been exposed for all to see. It also raises the question of what else he’s lied about and also the integrity of the senior government itself.

Even the right wing media and a growing number of tory MPs want him out so don’t bleat on about lefties this and lefties that. You’re trying to defend the indefensible and if you’re going to go on about rule breaking have a quick look through the rules regarding the conduct of government advisors. Even his little orchestrated press conference in the No 10 rose garden is not allowed.

People are praising and asking for protection for the phantom civil servant tweeter because in a world of government bullshit people like this should be allowed and be encouraged to expose the truth.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

Ah, one last point….

In recent weeks, the selective news content of Wrexham.com , and its social media, has revealed its political biases and target audience.

It’s a shame because it has gone from being an unbiased source of local news. Indeed, bastion of local government transparency to its current partisan position. I expect that is why public trust in the media is at an all time low.

It will be interesting to see if Wrexham.com asks the local MPs about the actions of the person who wrote the tweet. Afterwards, give it equal prominence and headline to the Cummings content. “Local MPs asked to comment on the inappropriate civil service tweet’ sounds about right. Of course, a little bit of unbiased description of the tweet will be needed in the article so the reader understands the context and complexity of the issue. Please feel free to use the content of my last post to provide one part of a rounded viewpoint. I am sure you’ll be able to easily provide the content outlining the opposite viewpoint!

WrexhamUser
    Participant

cmaj76:

As expected, it is okay for one person to break the rules, do untold damage, as long as it meets the political objective. I would have been disappointed if someone hadn’t replied as expected- my faith is restored, thank you!

Again, another selective comment from a forum user who does not want to reply to the whole questions posed. Enough said!

Remember it was Blair who started the idea of political advisor. If you don’t like what’s happened he’s to blame!

cmaj76
    Participant

What a ridiculous comment, somebody did something 20 years ago so everything is their fault? Akin to a child in a play ground “but, but he did it first”

Also for the record, I really don’t like Blair and thought he got off very lightly. Maybe that’s the difference, I don’t care what political persuasion somebody is, if they do wrong in public office, they must be held to account and must face punishment where they’ve been shown to have done wrong.

The tweeter is a whistleblower and in all walks of life they must be protected so that the truth comes out

WrexhamUser
    Participant

A ‘whistleblower’ defence. Well, we might as well get it over now. Please explain how the civil servant adhered to the below set procedures?

Or is it the same argument, it’s ok they broke the rules, did untold damage to the governance of this country and civil service. Don’t worry, it meets our political objective, and we know best?

https://www.gov.uk/whistleblowing

cmaj76
    Participant

Hahaha “did untold damage to the government” hahahaha. I mean how could you tell? The government have been doing such a fine job in everything they’ve done too!

Anyhoo this is pure deflection. The thread is about Cummings’ lies and superiority complex and an inept senior government and PM trying to defend his indefensible actions.

He lied his way through yesterday, everyone knows it, even you but much like your hero you won’t admit it. Even yesterday’s farce doesn’t add up….

Cummings went to Durham on the same day that Johnson was diagnosed with Covid-19 (Friday 27/03). Johnson only had “mild symptoms” and was working for the entire week.
    Even a week later on Friday 03/04 “Correspondents are told Johnson had only mild symptoms and that he chaired the morning coronavirus meeting.”
    Cumming’s claim that Johnson was ill in bed on 27/03 is a lie.
    On Sunday 05/04 “Downing Street says that Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests “as a precautionary step” because his symptoms are persistent 10 days after he tested positive.”
    Even the following day on Monday 06/04 Johnson was “continuing to work on his red box of government papers.”
    Cummings had plenty of opportunities to speak to the PM who obviously was NOT in the “state” he claimed they were both in and therefore unable to recall much of what they had discussed!
    Lies, lies lies

Truthbeknown
    Participant

The problem with the left is that they obviously think they know better, and twist everything to suit their own agenda. They usually know better after the event as we all do, Ant McPartlin was a drink driver who deserved to be convicted of the offence he committed, whatever that has to do with anything! The press and their trial by media attitude will never learn, Caroline Flack a prime example but “hey” we deal with bigger issues here LOL. Some exaggerate everything to make them intelligent but fail to realise that Joe average just wants things back to normal as soon as possible. Cummings is hated by some who have no idea who he is, only what they read in biased and twisted media coverage as the person who helped deliver Brexit. We all know he twisted things to suit his problem, which is how it’s done by all politicians and people in power. In a perfect world would have been sacked but its not perfect. As far as I’m aware disgusted from Tunbridge Wells is someone who the media uses to push their views across, “Fed up” from Rhos is real and unlike some on here won’t get in a frenzy because of it. Headlines along “Breakdown is over because we can use Cummings law” are just the usual poppycock, as you say I’m sure the vast majority of posters here are able to stick to the rules.
    Taking credit for a job delivered is part of employment by government and any other company. We all deserve it if we go above and beyond, the fact the job delivered does not sit well with Brexiteers is what bothers them and never will. I personally do not care, what I do care about is the attitude of some who think they know better than others and come out with we would have done things this way or that way after the event but in reality they are as clueless as everyone else.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News