Crime in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Crime in Wrexham

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Count me in wxm me lad, They do not like it up em, they just do not like it up em!!

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=127182]

The answer could be vigilante patrols. What do others think?

[/quote]

Yep. An excellent way to get a free stripey suntan.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=127182]Another attempted break in near Sandway Road last night. This is getting out of hand
    Do we have a local police force? When are they going to catch these scumbags?
    It will get worse when they move the HQ to Llay as traveling time is time not spent crime fighting

[/quote]

It does seem that the Police these days are not really involved in what really matters to the public, when it is the public that pay their salaries, like them or loathe them at least years ago the opposite was the case, and as for the plastic police :(

locallad
    Participant

The only way to sort this out is to start taking the law into your own hands.If you catch them
    Hurt them.They will think twice in future.

Owen
    Participant

[quote quote=127201]

Another attempted break in near Sandway Road last night. This is getting out of hand
    Do we have a local police force? When are they going to catch these scumbags?
    It will get worse when they move the HQ to Llay as traveling time is time not spent crime fighting

It does seem that the Police these days are not really involved in what really matters to the public, when it is the public that pay their salaries, like them or loathe them at least years ago the opposite was the case, and as for the plastic police :(

[/quote]

By saying the public pay their salaries is possibly the stupidest comment you could make when talking about this subject. Firstly the Police themselves pay taxes therefore they in your logic also pay their own wages. Secondly it is not the bobby on the street that decides what action he or she will taken upon certain problematic area’s around Wrexham. You talk about years ago issues never occurred? Years ago the budget was much bigger allowing more boots to be on the ground, however since the budget is increasingly smaller obviously the man power suffers, look at our Armed Forces or NHS the same thing is happening there as well. To combat that if you honestly worry about that so much is stop nagging on about the local police and start writing to our Government in London that changes need to be made.

[quote quote=127338]The only way to sort this out is to start taking the law into your own hands.If you catch them
    Hurt them.They will think twice in future.

[/quote]

Again, possibly another terrible idea. Think logically before you think or allow your views to become public. Allowing vigilante justice onto our streets would only further the burden of the Police and the law. Idiots would turn to violence over the most petty of issue. Additionally if you want to take the law into your own hands, then expect to face being arrested for whatever you do that breaks the law.

Overall I have no idea how to fix the issue of crime. It does not help when the central Government continue to slash budgets to the public services while increases taxes but until people stand up to them and get their voices heard then I have no idea how to change it. Sharing silly idea’s (of which are my opinion) on message boards and between friends doesnt make the situation any easier to solve. If you generally care about what is happening, get involved in a positive way, get your voices heard. It’s easier than said than done, I’m in my mid to late 20s struggling to find a way to do so, so if you find such a way, let me know.

locallad
    Participant

Totally agree Wxm lad.Catch them , hurt them then dump them.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=127378]Totally agree Wxm lad.Catch them , hurt them then dump them.

[/quote]

Agree

Ferret
    Participant

So what’s stopping ya Rambo?

Matt
    Participant

I eagerly await Wrexham’s very own Batman and Robin or other suspect spandex clad superheroes cleaning up our streets.

Sheefag
    Participant

The local criminal element quite rightly have no fear of the local judiciary.

Shrewsbury courts have always been far more ready to jail offenders for offences that would warrant probation or community service in Wrexham and thus have always enjoyed far lower levels of offending.

Vigilantism will inevitably arrive in Wrexham eventually, as a result of the failure of the local justice system and frankly is the only thing that will turn the tide.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News