Crime in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Crime in Wrexham

• Author

wxmlad
    Participant

All this crime will affect insurance premiums so it is going to affect everybody…..even the dickheads that are causing the problems.
    Police need to shift officers from traffic to catch these morons

Matt
    Participant

What I am finding most interesting on this forum and a certain popular social media site is the talk of ‘No Go Areas’ in Wrexham.

Okay so there is an increase in perceived undesirables on the street, but are we categorically saying that there are areas in Wrexham, where the average Joe/Jane will face down a real threat of violence, mugging or worse from druggies and gangs?

What levels of threat are we talking? 1980s Harlem or Compton? Modern-day Aleppo? Or are we pushing it to Biblical levels of Sodom and Gommorah?

Now I’ve lived in a number of different areas in Wrexham, as well as on the edges of Moss Side and Salford in Manchester when I was younger. I have to say that labelling places as such is more harmful than helpful. The vast majority of people in these places are neighbourly, helpful and law abiding and I’ve had no trouble to date from anyone, anywhere I have lived. To allow the actions of a few bad eggs tarnish the reputation of an area is a bit of an insult to the people who live there and also harms local businesses and community services operating in these areas, as it puts people off going there and therefore reinforces any deprivation that is happening.

It would be nice if the Police were able to tackle all of the issues arising around Wrexham and people have a right to be concerned, but as people have said cuts across North Wales are making things more difficult.

In terms of other solutions, whatever happened to Neighbourhood Watch Schemes? Are many still in operation? Did they ever do anything? I regularly notice stickers on lamp-posts in various areas, but they seem faded or ripped, so would imply they were something from the past.

David Thomas
    Participant

[quote quote=126660]What I am finding most interesting on this forum and a certain popular social media site is the talk of ‘No Go Areas’ in Wrexham.

Yes, the bus stop to name one. Who would want to sit and wait for the bus where ‘undesirables’ spend day a night being should I say ‘undesirable’.

A welcome point for visitors to the town, surely not one for neighbourhood watch.

Daave63
    Participant

QUOTE :
    Yes, the bus stop to name one.

Which bus stop? there are hundreds in Wrexham?

wxmlad
    Participant

[quote quote=126723]Yes, the bus stop to name one.

Which bus stop? there are hundreds in Wrexham?[/quote]

Fool, you know what he means
    Are you in the running for ‘idiot of the year’?

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=126723]QUOTE :
    Yes, the bus stop to name one.

Which bus stop? there are hundreds in Wrexham?

[/quote]

It’s just not safe anywhere anymore, a gang of vicious grannies at the Rhos high street bus stop, pension day so off to the den of vice and gambling at Mecca to get off their tits on white wine spritzers and gin, already giddy from throat lozenges and the maddening heat from their Winter Fuel Allowances. Look out, they might kick off and force you off the priority seating at the front of the bus.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=126735]Fool, you know what he means
    Are you in the running for ‘idiot of the year’?[/quote]

NB. Comment must be read loudly in the voice of B. A. Baracus.

locallad
    Participant

Personally I think the Police over the last 12 months have lost control in wxm.Burglaries must be at an all time high.Car theft through the roof.6 robberies in the last 10 days.Whats going on.Come on Wxm police instead of police officers digging gardens get them fighting crime.

wrexview
    Participant

Remember the police can’t be everywhere all the time , the public need to help them. People moan about things going on in an area but don’t report it. Crimestoppers is anonymous and 101 can be used for reporting things of interest. The criminals are winning at present, communities need to work together to bring these people to justice. We are becoming immune to the daily headlines and the crimes are getting progressively more serious, arson, burglary and armed robbery!

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=126884]Remember the police can’t be everywhere all the time , the public need to help them. People moan about things going on in an area but don’t report it. Crimestoppers is anonymous and 101 can be used for reporting things of interest. The criminals are winning at present, communities need to work together to bring these people to justice. We are becoming immune to the daily headlines and the crimes are getting progressively more serious, arson, burglary and armed robbery!

[/quote]

No one likes a snitch 👎🏻

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News