Crime in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Crime in Wrexham

• Author

Animal Mother
    Participant

[quote quote=125803]
    Residents are not responsible for preventing and detecting crime, that’s the responsibility of the police. That’s what we pay our taxes for, we shouldn’t be relying on a vigilante public force.
    [/quote]

I disagree. Peelian Principles are quite clear in the Public’s involvement in “policing” their communities:

Principle No. 3 states: “To recognise always that to secure and maintain the respect and approval of the public means also the securing of the willing co-operation of the public in the task of securing observance of laws.”

Principle No.7 states: “…the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.”

Crime is never the fault of the Police nor the victims, it is ALWAYS the fault of those committing crime, whether that is due to poor upbringing, compulsive behaviour or the lack of public and/or state intervention.

[quote quote=125833]
    And get those pcs hiding in the speed camera van out doing some proper detective work.
    [/quote]

They aren’t PCs. They are Civilian Police Staff. They are out helping reduce deaths and serious injuries on our roads. That can never be a bad thing to do.

rockyrobins
    Participant

The main issue is that the people committing these burglaries are usually prolific criminals who are out on bail or freed early from prison on licence. These people need to be serving their full sentence and if they carry on then be made to serve double figure sentences.

wxmlad
    Participant

Another car set alight in Wrexham…….Seems like the police have lost control

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its the job of the police to catch em,however its the judiciary that have to hand down stiffer sentences. What worries me, re the recent car roof slashing, is the thought these idiots were out and about, at night with a serious knife, maybe a lucky thing it was just a car roof that got cut up. You cannot cut a car roof with a butter knife.

Huw
    Participant

[quote quote=126348]Another car set alight in Wrexham…….Seems like the police have lost control

[/quote]

Agree, right behind where I live too. The Fairways estate is becoming quite a scary place ti live.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=126348]Another car set alight in Wrexham…….Seems like the police have lost control

[/quote]

The Police in control ? Let’s hope that NEVER happens !

bayrak
    Participant

Sat morning 4am Rhosnesni Lane attempted break in at my house cheeky bastard standing there with the line prop trying to break/force french door, the twat ran off when I opened the bedroom window even though I asked him to wait there. Called the police but unfortunately it took 45 minutes to respond (not the best), I think the little fella was tucked up in bed by then or hopefully squashed by a truck on the by-pass.

But good to know 60 arrests have been made in North Wales for drug driving, great work guys.

Let’s hope no one is hurt or killed during one of these break-ins.

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s a matter of time before Wrexham’s arson epidemic claims lives.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=126410]Sat morning 4am Rhosnesni Lane attempted break in at my house cheeky bastard standing there with the line prop trying to break/force french door, the twat ran off when I opened the bedroom window even though I asked him to wait there. Called the police but unfortunately it took 45 minutes to respond (not the best), I think the little fella was tucked up in bed by then or hopefully squashed by a truck on the by-pass.

But good to know 60 arrests have been made in North Wales for drug driving, great work guys.

Let’s hope no one is hurt or killed during one of these break-ins.

[/quote]

You’re forgetting that catching burglars is DIFFICULT requiring lots of boots on the ground and traditional “get your hands dirty” police work. Catching speeding drivers, etc, is EASY and can be done largely from the comfort of a police car hence better to concentrate on that to get your stats up with minimal effort.

David Thomas
    Participant

The many crimes and anti social behaviour issues in Wrexham are a disgrace. Don’t these people see this isn’t just affecting their victims, it’s affecting the town as a whole.

Many areas are becoming no go areas now and names stick, IT IS the job of the police and councils to change and stop this or there won’t be any turning back.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News