Cresta Cabs wrexham have the fastest Transit van in the world :)

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cresta Cabs wrexham have the fastest Transit van in the world :)

• Author

FastCabbie
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RBxDxIJrUM

^ Check it out on the a483 or as they think of it, the local drag strip

Huw
    Participant

Oh no, a van totally wiped the floor with your noddy car, oh God.
    Frankly, I’d be more concerned with your awful driving, hogging the outside lane for so long when the inside lane was completely clear, a bit like the numptys do down the Llan y Pwll!

AMA Express
    Participant

It’s not a van, it’s a minibus.

Speed limits for minibuses(not towing a trailer) for A class roads (where a lower limit is not signposted ) is 50 mph. On a dual-carriageway the limit is 60 mph and 70 mph on motorways. When towing a trailer the limit on motorways is reduced to 60 m.p.h.

FastCabbie
    Participant

– The Mini-Bus* (ty poster) jumped the red-right, the speed limit on that section of road is 50MPH.
    I Believe the mini buses was driving in excess of the speed limit

– After the ” national speed limit ” sign the speed limit on that road is 70MPH, however according to the guy on this thread the limit for a minibus would be 60MPH.

Andy
    Participant

The speed limit for cars is 70 mph. The speed limit for vans, hgvs and minibusses is 60 mph there.

FastCabbie
    Participant

The speed limit for ANYTHING from the roundabout untill the national sign is 50, hence the BIG 50 sign on the video, if you drive that section and look at the road signs they all say 50 and have done since the new junction was built.

FastCabbie
    Participant

Permanent traffic order
    Notice is hereby given that on the 21 October 2014 Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council made the above Traffic Regulation Order in accordance with the provisions of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, which will come into operation on 24 October 2014.

The effect of the Order will be to introduce a 50 mph speed limit on both carriageways of the A483 Wrexham Road from the roundabout at its junction with the A55 for a distance of 120 metres in a northerly direction
    If you wish to question the validity of the Order, or to any provisions contained in it, on the grounds that any requirements of the Act or any instruments made under it have not been complied with in relation to the Order, you may within six weeks from 21 October 2014 apply to the High Court for that purpose.

Kieran Collins
    Area Highways Manager
    Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council
    Highways Office Guilden Sutton
    Guilden Sutton Lane
    Guilden Sutton
    Chester
    CH3 7EX

Andy
    Participant

Why exactly are you bothered? How did the other vehicle affect you? Stop lane hogging and drive correctly in future.

FastCabbie
    Participant

People pay a lot of money to be carried in a safe and legal taxi, clearly this is nither safe or legal, it’s yet again a wrexham taxi with no regard for the rules of the road. the speed limit is 50MPH, I would imagine this mini bus was close to double that, I care because it’s a local firm, my friends and family use local taxi’s and they are being ripped off by dangerous firms like Cresta Cabs who are clearly employing dangerous drivers. Add to this fact the wear to the tyres and brakes driving like that, I dread to think what condition that vehicle is in.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=116494]Why exactly are you bothered? [/quote]
    [quote quote=116495]Well, to be fair, I work/run one of the other Taxi firms in town and joined up to have a dig at Cresta Cabs.
    I’m very disappointed it’s not at all going as planned however.[/quote]

Well God bless your honesty!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News