Covid 19 Spike in the Maelor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Covid 19 Spike in the Maelor

• Author

zinger
    Participant

And yet Everhard, up to the end of June there were more covid deaths in the Gresford, Marford & Rossett area than in Caia Park or Hightown.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19interactivemap/2020-06-12

Matt
    Participant

Thanks for the link Zinger, someone was talking to me about these stats earlier and I wasn’t able to find where they were from. It’s interesting that there are far more deaths if you look up Chester way than most areas around Wrexham county.

Captain C
    Participant

Politics aside the location in Rossett was unsuitable (very small car park off a narrow road) for people to go to in a car and that was one of the main reasons (I assume) she stated that it was not the right place. Just for the record she does not live in Rossett and is about 3 miles away so facts should be facts. I have never met her but if she broke wind she would be doing it wrong way in the every one but labour is wrong eyes.

WreX-iT
    Participant

A lot of Atherton bashing going on in the forum I just wish I could bash my invisible MP who I don’t think gives a flying flock about what is going on with COVID.

I asked my Mrs what him name is but she said Simon something so I had to google his name. The news about him is all about him visiting lots cafes, thanking companies for PPE and inviting children to visit parliament.

Labour lost because they put another muppet candidate up for election. Why put these idiots up for the fight? Gordon “bell end” Brown, Ed “we prefer your brother” Miliband and Jeremy the scruffy old man who looks like he lives in Wetherspoons. Its like putting a one legged donkey in the Grand National.

I blame labour for the Tory mess we are in! Boris backing BREXIT was the star move. So well done labour, see you in 5 years if you can field a proper candidate and stop being nobs.

wrexview
    Participant

How has covid19 been able to spread within the Maelor Hospital ? Is it a staffing problem ? Wards become unsafe for patients when they are understaffed, staff are moved around to cover as a result. One would hope the managers at the Maelor Hospital know how this outbreak has happened and have already taken steps to make sure it is not repeated, especially important if we are to face a second wave of the pandemic.

parkingmad
    Participant

The south Wales government should open the field hospital in Flint and put all the patients with the virus there, that what it was put up for.

WreX-iT
    Participant

But where is Tory Simon?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nobody on this thread has said Atherton lives in Rossett!!!!!!

Matt
    Participant

What a wonderful photo opportunity for her.

Of course when she was being paid to do her actual proper work in June in Westminster and truly protect Wrexham’s interests – local NHS staff at the Maelor facing the current Covid spike crisis can sleep well at night knowing she voted AGAINST weekly testing of NHS and care staff.

Captain C
    Participant

Atherton’s shame has no bounds – she Nimby objected to Wrexham’s Covid testing centres being established back in March in affluent Rossett near where she lives.

Quote from Matt.

On that basis she could have objected to test sites in Garden Village and Acton as they are about the same distance from her home.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News