Countess of Chester

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Countess of Chester

• Author

bubble
    Participant

Get real? I’m well aware of the druggies and lifelong dolies thank you, having had more than my fair share of them as neighbours making my life a misery. I have very little sympathy for them. Personally, I think properly funded co-ordinated EFFECTIVE treatment programmes to get people off drugs or alcohol would be public money well spent in the long run (benefiting not only the druggy but the rest of us who have to put up with them). Of other people on the dole, not everyone is a skiver, some people do actually lose their jobs through no fault of their own and it could happen to any of us – I wouldn’t begrudge them free prescriptions while I paid for my own as someone who works. The DWP should be tackling the issue of professional dolies, and the fact that such people play the system surely shouldn’t be a reason to punish the unemployed who genuinely want employment.

newwales
    Participant

Its 100% Wales fault, Chester has been receiving funding that stopped & has repeatedly asked for the money which the Welsh government/ North wales health board have not paid. The north wales health board (as it should be called) wasted so much money it the worst in wales should be ashamed of itself.

wrexview
    Participant

“The Welsh Government failed to pay the appropriate rates in previous years and has been repeatedly warned that a failure to do so this year would lead to the action which has now been taken.”

Welsh Assembly need to produce actual figures to prove what monies they have actually paid in the past three years to Countess of Chester. The Countess of Chester need to provide the public with their figures of monies received over the last three years . These figures should balance. In addition the Countess of Chester need to provide the public with the actual amounts they think they should be receiving.

Financial transparency shouldn’t be difficult.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=166651]
    Welsh Assembly need to produce actual figures to prove what monies they have actually paid in the past three years to Countess of Chester. The Countess of Chester need to provide the public with their figures of monies received over the last three years . These figures should balance. In addition the Countess of Chester need to provide the public with the actual amounts they think they should be receiving.

Financial transparency shouldn’t be difficult.[/quote]

Agree. But in the meantime an emergency interim agreement needs to be put in place to continue the allowance of Welsh residing patients to be referred to the Countess. No people with ill health should be allowed to suffer because of this political football. In concept it’s a National Health Service – that applies across the country. There should be no hard ‘treatment’ borders between England and Wales etc…

RhosdduCowboy
    Participant

Hold on a cotton pickin’ minute Degsy. You want your own Parliament, openly despise the English and have people posting on this very site with the username Chestersh*te. And you honestly expect to use our facilities? I’ll just live on this side of the border and collect my free prescriptions thank you very much! Back of the net!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News