Councilors still not paying for car parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councilors still not paying for car parking

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Can someone please explain why Councillors have not yet started to pay for car parking- (The folwing is in a report to Scruting Performnace next week)
    Car Parks (£165k) – estimated car park income is lower than the budget target. The
    revocation of free parking for disabled blue badge holders (£25k) did not become
    operational until 21 May 2018 and the introduction of staff/member parking fees
    (£49k) has not yet commenced and it is unlikely that the additional income will be
    received this financial year.
    Children’s Social

woogleeye
    Participant

What did you expect this is Wrexham council after all, the decision to charge the ‘elite’ and others was only a token gesture to show the masses that they had listened (yeah right).
    You have to look after your own in these trying times of budget cuts etc as these people need all the financial help they can get.
    I think somebody worked out that the cost per day to park came to £0.25 pence (could be wrong) but whatever, once again this council looked inwards and not at the big picture whilst the plebs have to pay full price so no surprise here that the system is not in operation.
    We are all not in this together.

Councillor X
    Participant

I fail to see why everyone gets worked up about Councillors and Top Managers getting to park free to do their jobs.

Being parked so close, they always arrive on time and meetings are not delayed as a consequence.

Charging £100 is infantile at best.

You should either continue with free parking or charge a realist fee based on that charged at other car parks, for example, a Waterworld Car Park Season Ticket which costs £300 for six months (so £600 a year)

So why not charge Councillors £100 a year for their occasional use and Top Managers £300 a year for daily parking?

taffboy
    Participant

wrexview
    Participant

Why can’t Councillors pay at the machines just like any member of the public? No need for any special meetings or reports , just treat them like everyone else.

jimbow
    Participant

Wrexview —-That is too simple an answer. This is WCBC we are dealing with.

Councillor X
    Participant

I would comment on the headline “Councillors still get free parking perk – silence from committee tasked with monitoring £49k budget gap” but Matt would only accuse me of being xenophobic or being on the side of Councillors and Top Management because I do not agree with everything he believes in.

TheSpectre
    Participant

What can you expect from this mickey mouse council its slowly being run into the ground by the nest of vipers running the whole thing, everything they do now seems to be all smoke and mirrors we have 52 councillors yet 42 look as if they have no say on anything, democracy and an open door policy is not in the brief of the ‘scooby gang’ at the top of the tree.
    These individuals must be taking mind altering drugs or they seem to be not in the real world as the rest of us.

Matt
    Participant

X I’ve no interest in being baited across multiple threads just because you have a personal issue with me. It’s incredibly childish and arguing ruins the flow of the discussion forum for everyone else. The fact is I’ve not even posted in this thread so I’m baffled as to why you even need to bring me into it.

Rob, as this post is completely off topic you can remove it if you wish, but I will not tolerate jumped up anonymous troll bullies online.

Councillor X
    Participant

Matthew I just expect for you to jump on me with every rational post I make.

I am by no measure a xenophobe or as the Wetherspoonies now call me, a XENOPHONE.

I apologise it was meant in jest over a lunchtime pint

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News