Councillors to get iPads.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councillors to get iPads.

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Mike Davies 2236 wrote:

I was agreeing with your points Wayne :-) Not sure if the second para was aimed at me to answer though.

nope wasn’t aimed at you to answer.

angryShopper
    Participant

@oldboy744 2233 wrote:

The Council used to sell off old PC’s etc about 15 years ago.

This year 2012, the touch screen tills (used for school dinners) council property, Guy disposing of them was offering them out, would love to see an FOI on for all the touch tills paid for / all the ones scraped and see if the numbers add up, or if any are missing

i don’t trust any council, esp not wrexham, half of them are related to each other, of get their kids into jobs, and half inch all manor of gear. it’s public money that’s being wasted!

loonymoonie
    Participant

Awwwww how absolutely amazing!!! Yep, Councillors definitely NEED new I pads, as other android versions that are a quarter of the cost, with lockable functions are clearly of absolutely no use whatsoever, I mean surely everybody within the town radius has many many I pads.. heck I’ve got at least seven…. So has my two year old son and my pets…. The HUGE problem here is that my local MP cannot seem to work archaic technology such as the telephone and is unable to reply to email sent to HoP via normal channels so what a brilliant idea to furnish him/her with iPad… Obv am clearly not angry over this, what with it being the season of goodwill an’ all. Am just off to turn the heating up and languish in my lovely fully functional private rented home buying lots of apps and then treat self to iPad 14.. Gosh, it’s amazing what £54 p/wk can buy in current economic climate….. :mad:

loonymoonie
    Participant

Oooohhhh here’s a P.s. Have just realised that as this is motivated by paperless working, to reduce mailshots/literature of much and varied importance then we will ALL be furnished with I pads… Yay soooooo much better than royal mail!!!! Wahooooooo for everybody in the region!!! Or are we as the general public expected to use antiquated desktops and ancient wired printers for all of our ahem important communications or maybe even go to meetings in actual person?? Booooooo there was me thinking that I was just as important as the people that were selected to represent me….. Ha, have awesome idea, will run for council, then can have iPad for merry Xmas!! Don’t worry you can all have a lend of it, we’ll work put a rota, Ummm you get t on Tuesdays, you can have it on the third Friday of every second year, Oooof nearly forgot about you… you can have it every other leap year!!!! See super fair… Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what has happened to our budgeting strategy???? Oh yep.. I pads. Bug grit am v.v angry.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News