councillors or bin men in the frame – guilty or not

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum councillors or bin men in the frame – guilty or not

• Author

welshman1000
    Participant

Every other week there appears to be a concerted “attack” on either Wrexham council workers or Wrexham councillors via social media or the press.
    Who are raising issues and who is it directed at and why?; maybe it goes back historically to when 11 Labour councillors became Independent Councillors and Labour lost control of the council.
    Latest one raised is apparently about Wrexham Litter fines and Bryn Lane litter and all the people appearing in front of the bench.
    Wrexham especially in the centre is a mess with litter etc — well done Wrexham Council fine them all; maybe the bench needs to increase the fines and go and help litter pick in Bryn Lane with the new friends he’s made on the bin lorries who will welcome him with open arms.
    Our bin was missed for emptying, reported it to the council great bloke turned up did the business; maybe he “dumped” it on bryn lane I think not —- maybe freedom need to get down there and dish out some fines to the real culprits?

Councillor X
    Participant

Well said Welshman1000, people are quick to criticize and slow to commend.

People like Joan the Hog have the mindset that it is everyone’s human right to litter and that such acts should go unpunished and this is why the town looks a mess. Increase the fines and make them pick up their own mess I say.

In a perfect world bin men would not leave a mess but factor in wind etc then what else do they expect?

To finish, on occasion I too have reported a missed bin or a lost recycling box and the Council have never failed to deliver! we certainly get value for money from this service!

krazypaving
    Participant

How can anyone condone littering, there are plenty of bins around, dont want a fine.. dont litter…
    most people dont contact the council with their complaints. They will rant and rave on social media and forums. ok so your bin has been missed, tell your friends and your family and whoever else is watching but i bet none of them will empty it for you. Phone the council! How can they send someone to empty it if they dont know.

pete
    Participant

[quote quote=118397]most people dont contact the council with their complaints. They will rant and rave on social media and forums. ok so your bin has been missed, tell your friends and your family and whoever else is watching but i bet none of them will empty it for you. Phone the council! How can they send someone to empty it if they dont know.[/quote]
    My bin was half emptied on Monday (the bin men fished the black bag out but left everything else!). I reported it to the council online on Monday and I’ve heard nothing other than getting an automated acknowledgement.
    Maybe I should’ve ranted and raved on social media instead :)

welshman1000
    Participant

Hi Pete,
    just a tip phone up the council and always speak to one of the receptionists who are normally excellent — they have to log the call and it remains open until dealt with by whoever or even better raise a complaint that gets someone off their backside and into action.

krazypaving
    Participant

Wow we really do have selective bin men around the wrexham area, for them to actually take just a black bag out of your bin. I mean why would they want to put it on the back of the wagon and empty it all in one go when they can put their hands (maybe arms seen as they fished it out) into someones rubbish. Maybe all the money they have spent on boxes have left them with no money for binbags and they now have to use second hand ones.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News