Councillors from the Unions

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councillors from the Unions

• Author

Conde
    Participant

I do wonder, with all the problems that the Unions are causing Labour on a national level, how many of our own local councillors are in fact ex-union?

obs
    Participant

@Conde 7899 wrote:

I do wonder, with all the problems that the Unions are causing Labour on a national level, how many of our own local councillors are in fact ex-union?

jesus wept Mccarthyism is alive and well in Wrexham

Conde
    Participant

No no, I only ask as a general statement of interest – I’ve not got a problem with unions either.

I’m just making the statement that it’d be interesting to actually know the backgrounds of those people who represent us.

Alunh
    Participant

It’s difficult to know whether this theme has any relevance to the Town. I do find it a problem that political parties that adopt a national platform have groups within them that have what we might call split interests or split loyalties. This is not restricted to any of the main parties, however, and they are all subject to influence from outside their party ranks.

No one funds political parties benignly

Conde
    Participant

I’d argue that without knowing who’s got these vested interests, it’d be extremely difficult to pick up on it.

It probably is all fine and dandy, but I guess it’s just a subject of interest??

I am on very good speaking terms with David Griffiths ( fantastic man, I do really get on with him) I know he is ex union and proud of the fact. I’m perfectly happy because he’s upfront about it.

And I would agree with your point about outside influence at times. Not that I know of any, but I can definitely see it being an issue at one point or another for all parties.

obs
    Participant

The last thing i would be worrying about is the influence of being a union member on a councilor, i would suspect given some of the council decisions over the years other influences have been more persuasive.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News