Councillors' car park could get resurfaced

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councillors' car park could get resurfaced

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

Wrexham.com and fake news!

Now that Councillors and Top Management are paying to park it would have been a nice gesture to resurface their car park.

Does anybody know if staff are still parking for free at the back of Crown Buildings?

wrexview
    Participant

Any spare tarmac should be used to fill pot holes, Bennions Road has craters not pot holes and the subsidence that was a pot hole on Salop Hill needs attention before it becomes a sink hole !

TheSpectre
    Participant

The charge of approx £0.39 per day to park is aimed at not being and I quote ‘ too much of a financial burden ‘ to these individuals poor sods.
    At least Flintshire charges £0.50 per day to park at Shirehall so one has to ask who the hell came up with £0.39.
    Meanwhile all the rest of us have to pay the going rate so I have to assume that it is no financial burden for us.
    Its just another bad decision by this mickey mouse council who seem to not see the wood for all the trees around and once again they appear to be looking a after themselves.
    I just wish they would stop looking through rose tinted glasses thinking that they know what is best for all the rest of us.
    On a side note the roads in the county are a disgrace with pot holes everywhere we now drive, so it would be nice for a list complied by this council to show us where rectification works on these pot holes are taking place so we all know where our council tax is being spent or would this be giving too much information to joe public.

spudulike
    Participant

I worked for the council for several years and there are lots of people with free parking. When a person leaves the authority they just pass on the parking permit to another colleague to use, no questions asked. A lot of people using them should not have a pass at all it’s just that the system is rubbish, has never been reviewed, but talked about lots to waste more people hours. What also really annoys me most is the management who are on higher wages get free, very close by parking when the poorer paid staff are paying full rate to park. It’s a disgrace how they run the parking permit system. They should recall all passes and make managers apply for their staff on a case by case basis, then charge the department applying, see how many managers would apply then. This would definitely cut down on applications leaving more parking spaces near the town centre for Joe public as they would not all be taken up by the WCBC senior management team. Obviously front line services, social workers, care assistants etc should be front of the queue for a pass and the cost should be paid, as I said by the department. Very much doubt this will happen as WCBC are great at asking the public what they want then ignoring them !!!

Matt
    Participant

My completely tongue in cheek comment got removed!

Surely the Councillors aren’t that sensitive? & would completely agree with me that some of the accusations levelled at them are ridiculous.

I’m a bit disappointed to be honest with you. Sorry X no jokes for you tonight.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=166412]My completely tongue in cheek comment got removed!

Surely the Councillors aren’t that sensitive? & would completely agree with me that some of the accusations levelled at them are ridiculous.

I’m a bit disappointed to be honest with you. Sorry X no jokes for you tonight.[/quote]

I do wish I’d seen your tongue in cheek comment, Matt. I also like spudulike’s point that those on the higher salaries have been those to get the free parking. It’s crazy. 39 pence per day – not even a tenner a month. For that reason alone I certainly don’t think they should get the carpark resurfaced. If they want a better standard of carpark then they should find a better carpark and pay whatever rate it charges – but they won’t do that because when it comes down to it they’d sooner have a cheap carpark with potholes than a better quality but more expensive one.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=166310]Wrexham.com and fake news!

Now that Councillors and Top Management are paying to park it would have been a nice gesture to resurface their car park.

Does anybody know if staff are still parking for free at the back of Crown Buildings?[/quote]

I did say back in April that Councillors and Top Management should get something out of having to pay to park to do their jobs and sure as beans are beans they get their car park sorted.

Back in April on this site Council Leader Mark Pritchard, and the Lead Member for Finance, has been in touch this morning to ‘categorically’ state the councillor’s car park will not be getting a resurfacing, but some work will take place, however the main areas of work will be on the public Library carpark entrance.

I knew it would and loose tongues in Wetherspoons spat it out some time ago.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News