Councillor wants action taken over Gresford travellers as soon as possible

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councillor wants action taken over Gresford travellers as soon as possible

• Author

Hugh Bet
    Participant

Travellers have set up camp on a field on the Gresford side of Pont y Capel Lane, with the local councillor looking for prompt action to have them removed.

Cllr Atkinson, local residents and the Chair of the Community Council have been in touch with Wrexham Council and the police to have the travellers moved on.

Cllr Atkinson told us: “Not in my back yard, that is why we want to stick travellers in Llay out of the way of all of the nice people!”

Conde
    Participant

Fairly unfair criticism of Atkinson I’d say, he’s doing his job and looking after the interests of his ward. That’s essentially what he’s been elected to do. I’m pretty sure every other councillor would be saying the same thing right now if it was their wards.

What would your please all solution be? I don’t have one so I’m really interested to hear any that get brought up.

Matt
    Participant

Atkinson wants the travellers in Brymbo as he lives in Llay.

Captain C
    Participant

What the hell has Andrew Atkinson done to have his every move rubbished on here.

He went out to try to sort out the problem with the illegal camp on a Sunday while the rest of the residents were sitting at home soaking up the sun. Whatever he does it seems to be picked up on here and pounced upon with mindless and untrue quotes. If you think that you can do the job better, stand up at the next election and be counted.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152580]What the hell has Andrew Atkinson done to have his every move rubbished on here.

He went out to try to sort out the problem with the illegal camp on a Sunday while the rest of the residents were sitting at home soaking up the sun. Whatever he does it seems to be picked up on here and pounced upon with mindless and untrue quotes. If you think that you can do the job better, stand up at the next election and be counted.[/quote]

Imagine that in the UK in 2018, people having the freedom of speech to criticise/raise issue with whichever elected public officials they wish.

jimbow
    Participant

I expected to see a photo shoot of Cllr. Atkinson with the gypsy encampment in the background. What’s gone wrong?

Conde
    Participant

It really does seem to be somewhat of a hate campaign but I genuinely can’t for the life of me understand why. You can cite freedom of speech as much as you’d like however the fact remains that his residents wanted him to act. He acted.

If he didn’t act, he’d be strung up. And yet many individuals sit on their thrones casting stones with seemingly very little to offer in the way of an alternative… or have I jumped the gun and someone was coming out with a corker of an idea to fix the situation

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152587]It really does seem to be somewhat of a hate campaign but I genuinely can’t for the life of me understand why. You can cite freedom of speech as much as you’d like however the fact remains that his residents wanted him to act. He acted.

If he didn’t act, he’d be strung up. And yet many individuals sit on their thrones casting stones with seemingly very little to offer in the way of an alternative… or have I jumped the gun and someone was coming out with a corker of an idea to fix the situation[/quote]

How can you criticise other people for not coming up with suggestions when even yourself have admitted that you have nothing? – the hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Fact of the matter is Clrs Pritchard and Bithell receive far more criticism on here than your boy Atkinson but you don’t see them having cry baby bunting fanboys coming out and whining about the fact that they are being given unfair criticism – they get on with it themselves and give their own strong statements on why they can justifiably get away with the decisions they make. I might strongly disagree with pretty much everything they do, but at least they don’t have a little playground clique following them round attacking anyone who dares criticise them. This whole cult of Atkinson is absurd.

Plus you can act dumbfounded all you like about why Atkinson is a lightning rod for criticism, but I’ve said it directly to him before if he wasn’t the stand-by Tory in Chief, he’d be more popular across the board. But fact of the matter is you can’t FORCE people in a 100 years Tory MP free town to like a Tory just because you do or prevent them from griping whenever they wish to do so. If you think it’s bad here, you should go to Liverpool. At least you’re even allowed to entertain the idea of Torydom here.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=152583]

What the hell has Andrew Atkinson done to have his every move rubbished on here.

He went out to try to sort out the problem with the illegal camp on a Sunday while the rest of the residents were sitting at home soaking up the sun. Whatever he does it seems to be picked up on here and pounced upon with mindless and untrue quotes. If you think that you can do the job better, stand up at the next election and be counted.

Imagine that in the UK in 2018, people having the freedom of speech to criticise/raise issue with whichever elected public officials they wish.[/quote]

I’m with the Captain and others on this.

Blind political tribalism is childish, narrow-minded and serves no useful purpose for the community.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152596]
    I’m with the Captain and others on this.

Blind political tribalism is childish, narrow-minded and serves no useful purpose for the community.[/quote]

If we had a bunch of selfless community geared types as councillors Wrexham would be performing much better than it is now.

You cannot split tribalism from politics – if everyone was appearing to ‘sing from the same hymn sheet’ – you’d be questioning if we were in a dictatorship. If it’s childish to question everything that the authority figures do or say, then a child I shall remain.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News