Councillor Steps down from Executive Board (merged)

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Councillor Steps down from Executive Board (merged)

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

It is interesting that so many posters are taking pot shots at AA and his ‘credentials’ to take on am Executive Board role- is this because he has been in the press so much that people seem to ‘know him’ — if you compare his business and past Council experience (he was a Councillor previously in the area were he came from before coming back to Wrexham).

Why are the other 51 Councilors being scrutinised as much — if you look at the background of many of them are they really of a calibre any better than AA. Perhaps there should be more postings about the rest of the bunch.

No, I am not an AA fan just think there should be equitable scrutiny across the whole of the 52 elected members.

jimbow
    Participant

I agree I think he should be judged on his performance in the Lead Post. I am hoping that he will have some good input and not just become another A.L.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Sorry my linguistic skills don’t compute what you mean by an A.L

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=144491]Sorry my linguistic skills don’t compute what you mean by an A.L[/quote]

A. is for the next hole down from the back collar stud.

L. is what your tongue does to eat ice cream.

Hope this helps.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Many thanks my Grove Park education didn’t do such colourful abbreviations!!

jimbow
    Participant

It comes from my scouse training at Quarry Bank.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=144449]

No one could ever accuse Gresford’s Andrew Atkinson of being camera shy, I will bet all comers he will be snapped at the reopening of McDonald, Pappa John’s, and the proposed new coffee shop within the same building. For those unfamiliar with this self publicising individual, fear not, local publications will be clattered in his photo over the coming months, Ty Pawb opening, Techniquest launch, King Street bus station refurb, local scout groups that raise anything over a quid, all the low hanging fruit, all you could ever NOT want in a local politician.

Yes because you never see our MP or AM snatching any photo opportunity they get?

He’s obviously got under the skin of Labour in Wrexham. Reading these infantile posts i’ve come up with a brilliant idea, lets have a men only council with a minimum age of 75, you know like it used to be under Labour. Whatever you do, do NOT have young people from various trades on the council as this could upset the old boys club that used to exist.[/quote]

Dick – check your history. The last time Laboour had an overall majority on the council was in the first few years of WCBC and > 1/3 of our group was female and in those days I was < 50 – never mind 75. And the only female leader of WCBC was a Labour member .

Idris
    Participant

[quote quote=144438]No one could ever accuse Gresford’s Andrew Atkinson of being camera shy, I will bet all comers he will be snapped at the reopening of McDonald, Pappa John’s, and the proposed new coffee shop within the same building. For those unfamiliar with this self publicising individual, fear not, local publications will be clattered in his photo over the coming months, Ty Pawb opening, Techniquest launch, King Street bus station refurb, local scout groups that raise anything over a quid, all the low hanging fruit, all you could ever NOT want in a local politician.[/quote]

woogleeye
    Participant

This is Ratchett & Clank with their new trainee (yawn).

steveg
    Participant

The irony of the Lead for anti-poverty taking a pay increase of around 120% seems to be lost on some people.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News