Council waste Petrol

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council waste Petrol

• Author

Maureen Gray
    Participant

What is wrong with Wrexham Council Bosses, yesterday – bout 3pm and again at 1am this morning and then even again at 10am the gritter went past my house. What a complete waste of petrol the idiots!!

AMA Express
    Participant

a) They don’t use petrol.

b) Dammed if they do grit, dammed if they don’t.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Congratulations Maureen, you have just shot up to the top of the list for the most ridiculous thread started EVER!!

moggsie
    Participant

Ben,

That’s why she’s here. A different perspective.

If you will, it’s a bit like that daft ornament or painting you might have that really doesn’t go with the rest, but you have it anyway.

And you wouldn’t throw it out for the world.

Carry on Mo.

grandad
    Participant

Were they actually GRITTING Mo. or were they on there way to untreated roads?
    Conditions were pretty bad this morning and so I think it a bit unfair to blame them without knowing the full story.
    Bless you Mo. keep warm and if you need a friend to help you ,don’t hesitate to ask.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

As someone who has to drive to work, long may they grit. Personally I would prefer that Muareen never sleeps a wink than I or others died in car crashes due to un-gritted roads

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

You need some perspective if you consider that a waste of ‘petrol’. In the grand scheme of things that is nothing.

I imagine you’re probably more annoyed at the disturbance?

Sheefag
    Participant

Phone the Police Mo, repeatedly.
    If you encounter any reluctance, remind ’em who pays their wages, that usually brings a result.

justjojo2011
    Participant

So you’re complaining because the gritter WAS out?!

wid9999
    Participant

It has to be said I’ve seen the council gritting at strange times of the day recently, very early evening when the weather has been fine and forecast has been fine.
    Yes they were spreading grit and yes we all know the lorries use diesel .. it has a cost just like petrol, as does the grit.
    For sure we want safe roads but the more “methodical” the council have supposedly got the more bizare and hazzardous the rouds have been in my opionion.
    Chester Road and Box Lane at least anyway… and they are major arteries.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News