Council to take on old BHS store?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council to take on old BHS store?

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of the Council taking on the old BHS as the lease on the current building in Lord Street with the Contact Centre is due to end within two years?

Rumours that BHS is going to have a conversion into offices are starting to emerge..

jimbow
    Participant

I have not heard anything but was it not the plan to do away with all property rented by the Council and bring it in house. If memory serves me right I think the rent for the Contact Centre is around £78k per annum.

Matt
    Participant

Old Hippodrome site up for auction on the 20th, wonder if anyone will buy it and put it to good use?

http://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/home/2018/02/09/gallery/old-hippodrome-site-in-wrexham-going-up-for-auction-104836/

Councillor X
    Participant

WCBC is trying to get rid of buildings so it’s untrue. It needs to sell them all off.
    It used to rent space above bhs also above Specsavers but pulled out and is getting staff from all buildings on industrial estate and crown buildings.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News