Council tax demand

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council tax demand

• Author

steveg
    Participant

My Council tax demand is in three parts.

The basic Council Tax demand which I understand.

£34.05 for Rhosddu Community Council. I have no idea who is on the Community Council, what they do, when they meet, when they were elected. The WCBC website only has a contact in BRYMBO for the Rhosddu Community Council.

£340.08 for policing. I don’t think I have ever seen a policeman or woman on patrol on foot in Rhosddu. The only police I see are in their cars driving along New Road. What am I paying for in this policing charge exactly?

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

If you compare what services you could ave accessed tat were aid for from your general rates last year compared with this year then you will note a dramatic drop in a number of areas with lots more cuts in 2015/16. Why should we pay more for less– in any other transaction if that occurred you would just not pay and find an alternate supplier.

It s time Wrexham Council was brought to account any other business doing this type of transaction would be referred to Trading Standards fir misselling (sorry forgot no good as they are part of the Council)

AMA Express
    Participant

And yet, despite all your bluster, you’ll still pay it. :mail:

Rex Ham
    Participant

Oh please, get a grip of yourselves. Rex Ham is about to come out of the closet to comment on this thread. I am a gay man, with a partner and we have calculated from our council tax demand we get our bins emptied and our street lit. We pay a precept for the police and our community council. We pay the same council charge as our neighbours who have children in full time education. We get nothing else. So, why should we pay for the education of someone else’s children? Well, because that is “society” and we are happy to pay it for the well being of all. So don’t start splitting hairs about community councils, if you can’t be bothered about finding out who they are or what they do.

Rex Ham
    Participant

and if you google Rhosddu community council you will easily discover the elected councillors in 2012 were: Gerald Caradock, Haydn Roberts, John Roberts and Andrew Williams

Andy
    Participant

Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society. (Allegedly)

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

I will sign up to Taxes for a civilised society that has access to school, leisures, social care, heath, roads, bins and everything else – provided we actually get those services to a standard and quality that is acceptable to the masses– this however is not the case so often

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=79732]Oh please, get a grip of yourselves. Rex Ham is about to come out of the closet to comment on this thread. I am a gay man, with a partner and we have calculated from our council tax demand we get our bins emptied and our street lit. We pay a precept for the police and our community council.

We pay the same council charge as our neighbours who have children in full time education. We get nothing else. So, why should we pay for the education of someone else’s children? Well, because that is “society” and we are happy to pay it for the well being of all.

So don’t start splitting hairs about community councils, if you can’t be bothered about finding out who they are or what they do. [/quote]

Excellent post.

Ferret
    Participant

I received two identical letters. Numpties.

Ferret
    Participant

I received two identical letters. Numpties..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News