Council tax and council house rent to go up

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council tax and council house rent to go up

  • Author
    Posts
  • #53519

    Liam
    Participant

    Just written up an article on Wrexham Council’s proposed council tax and house rent increases for 2012/13. What do you make of the figures?

    Wrexham Set For Council Tax and Rent Increase | Wrexham.com

    #55636

    wrexview
    Participant

    Last year 2012/13 Council Tax in Wrexham went up 2.69%, next year 2013/14 the increase will be 2.75%. A total of 5.44% over two years. Council Tax in England has been frozen for three years. Have we picked the short straw, cuts in services and a rise in Council Tax?

    #55637

    @liam 499 wrote:

    Just written up an article on Wrexham Council’s proposed council tax and house rent increases for 2012/13. What do you make of the figures?

    Wrexham Set For Council Tax and Rent Increase | Wrexham.com

    where in welsh guidelines does it say that there must be a rental increase of 5.4%? First question i would have asked.

    #55638

    I’d have also asked which government statistic was saying that inflation is at 6%!

    In Jan 2012…
    RPI was 3.9%
    CPI was 3.6%

    In fact since 2000, neither inflation measure has been at 6% or above..

    #55639

    angryShopper
    Member

    Rent too high on your council house? quit your job and get free rent, free council tax

    #55640

    wxm
    Participant

    Reading these forums, if we didn’t move housing to a more effective and sustainable solution n 2004 … why don’t we do it now

    #55641

    djrus
    Member

    @wxm 4670 wrote:

    Reading these forums, if we didn’t move housing to a more effective and sustainable solution n 2004 … why don’t we do it now

    Because the tenants said no. And it wouldn’t be certain rents would be lower.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.