Council staff parking at Crown Buildings

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council staff parking at Crown Buildings

• Author

Invisible
    Participant

Staff parking is, as you are correct Councillor X, nothing compared to the Groves but my mama always said take care of the pennies…
    It’s about fairness, that’s all. We’re all in the same boat, shit creek is only one wrong turn away and if parking, being nothing, can at least imply we’re all on the same side then surely it’s better be part of an army than a renegade.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=143402]Staff parking is nothing compared to the money spent on the Groves and the White Elephant arts exhibition centre.
    :)[/quote]
    If you think councillors deserve perks, how about we give them free bus passes? They could get to work for free and travel to whatever official engagements they have on public transport. it wouldn’t cost us extra as the buses are running anyway. Then the car park spaces they no longer need could become chargeable to the public and generate income. Is this not a win-win situation? Unless, of course, you are after a specific perk.

I don’t think this is a wind-up on your part, Councillor X, though I could be wrong. If I were a councillor I would feel annoyed at you for bringing this topic to the fore. If you want to maintain the perks, it would have been better not to bring the subject up on this forum.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

So what happened to Difficult Decisions?

7) Staff and Member Car Parking
    The Council currently provides free parking to some of its staff and to Elected Members in town centre car parks. It is proposed to remove this entitlement to encourage more sustainable modes of travel to work (e.g. public transport) and to generate additional income, as some may still choose to pay for parking in Council owned car parks.
    It is estimated that this could generate additional income of approximately £49,000 in 2018/19.

—— Plans are also afoot to introduce charging for elected members and council staff, though that would be considered an internal matter and therefore no wider consultation is needed to implement them ——–

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News