Council staff parking at Crown Buildings

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council staff parking at Crown Buildings

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

In the news …… Car parking charges in Flintshire could soon go up as the council tries to raise almost half a million pounds.
    Flintshire Council says it currently spends more on managing its car parks than it makes from fees.
    Now the council wants to hike the cost of parking, in a bid to raise about £500,000 to cover the expense of running the car parks.
    Any increase would come into force in April. All options will be looked at before a decision is made.

If Wrexham raised charges again then this would cover the shortfall of the public not being allowed to use the car parks at the Guildhall and Lambpit Street.
    This would mean Top Managers and Councillors can keep their spaces and another difficult decision is solved.

These people are either elected by Wrexham people because we believe in them or put in a position of power because they are good at their jobs and DO deserve some sort of perk.

Fisher Man 57
    Participant

Why does being good at your job automatically mean you deserve a perk. With that reasoning there are millions of people in the country who deserve a perk.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=143344]Why does being good at your job automatically mean you deserve a perk. With that reasoning there are millions of people in the country who deserve a perk.[/quote]

The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.

AMA Express
    Participant

I always thought Salvador Dali was a dick !

Fisher Man 57
    Participant

I am in no way jealous of any one who succeeds. I can think of nothing better than people succeeding in what they do. I do wonder however why you are so keen for the public to pay extra so the Councillors can keep their perks.

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=143340]In the news …… Car parking charges in Flintshire could soon go up as the council tries to raise almost half a million pounds.
    Flintshire Council says it currently spends more on managing its car parks than it makes from fees.
    If Wrexham raised charges again then this would cover the shortfall of the public not being allowed to use the car parks at the Guildhall and Lambpit Street.
    This would mean Top Managers and Councillors can keep their spaces and another difficult decision is solved.

Why is it a difficult decision to ask we all pay the same?

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=143349]I always thought Salvador Dali was a dick ![/quote]

If that was the case his name would not have been Salvador

Maureen Gray
    Participant

I heard that Salivating Dicky was a Duck!

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=143366]I heard that Salivating Dicky was a Duck![/quote] For goodness sake Maureen, why do you always have to spoil a thread?

Councillor X
    Participant

Staff parking is nothing compared to the money spent on the Groves and the White Elephant arts exhibition centre.

It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself.

:)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News