Council Consultations

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council Consultations

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

…….oh, and Benjamin….

The amount of times on here that you’ve aggressively insulted individuals (like Wxm) when they disagree with you is difficult to count. You’ve done the same with Dylan and now me.

As to the nice kind things you say about my entries on (say) Education and (say) the Markets, you have used the word allegedly incorrectly. I suspect that when you’ve been in the Education process for perhaps 40 years (on and off) you do pick up enough experience to learn enough to express a VIEWPOINT. Equally, given that I have now had a shop in Wrexham in every year since 1977, I think that gives me the right to express a VIEWPOINT on things like Markets and retail. As to Entrepreneurship, sadly for you, I was recruited years ago to work for the Welsh Assembly preaching the virtues of Entrepreneurship in schools and operate in this capacity for the DYNAMO project. I am now the longest serving Role Model in North Wales for this scheme.

None of the above makes anything I say right or wrong. It merely gives me the ability to express a VIEWPOINT and for you to disagree with me however you feel.

Incidentally what letters fill in the 5 asterisks that you placed in your entry? I was trying to think of a rude word but I can’t (lol)

BenjaminM
    Participant

There you go again, telling me that I have used the word ‘allegedly’ incorrectly in my recent post. To remove all ambiguity from the equation, that word was used advisedly in the context of the post. You do not have the right tell me what to write- you are not marking class work now. This is the grown up world!

I have met many people from all walks of life who have had many years in their chosen field, but sadly, that does not make them experts in that field. Granted, it does give them a right to express a VIEWPOINT, but it does not grant them immunity from having their viewpoint challenged rather than being accepted as gospel.
    As I have stated previously, I have no intention of entering into a contest with you to see who has the blackest cat, but you should really make an effort to stop talking down to people and make your pitch at a level appropriate to the the audience. Readers and contributors to this site are intelligent enough to understand the nuances of the written word and intelligent enough choose what to believe. It is not a given that you are the definitive article in the topics you mention, irrespective of your experiences.
    A little humility can work wonders.

Alunh
    Participant

Fascinating psychology in play here. I think you’ll find this is called ‘transference’.

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Alunh 12744 wrote:

Fascinating psychology in play here. I think you’ll find this is called ‘transference’.

That’s lovely Alun, thank you.
    Looking up to me as your patriarchal confessor!
    I am really touched.
    Any time I can help just call.

Alunh
    Participant

@BenjaminM 12745 wrote:

That’s lovely Alun, thank you.

I am really touched.

Love and kisses Benjamin. Got to admit, this selective quoting is certainly enjoyable.

Iceman
    Participant

@Alunh 12740 wrote:

…….oh, and Benjamin….

The amount of times on here that you’ve aggressively insulted individuals (like Wxm) when they disagree with you is difficult to count. You’ve done the same with Dylan and now me.

Well said

BenjaminM
    Participant

Iceman, I think you would benefit from checking some of your own posts for inflammatory and denigratory comments before attempting jump on this particular bandwagon.
    People in glass houses and all that…..

Iceman
    Participant

@BenjaminM 12752 wrote:

Iceman, I think you would benefit from checking some of your own posts for inflammatory and denigratory comments before attempting jump on this particular bandwagon.
    People in glass houses and all that…..

Nonsense. Another predictable post.

rob1williams
    Participant

Benjamin M, I think you are getting mixed up with the difference between going to a foreign land on holiday and going there to live. I have many Polish friends who learnt English as a secondary language in their schooling system. I would imagine (guess), English is taught as a secondary language in most foreign countries, as in some cases it is in Wales. So forgive me, but if you have chosen to come to live in the (UK) as it is at the moment, why should there be a need to further increase the amount of paperwork that purports to be a bill, comes in 2 different languages and then add to this with a multitude of other languages. If I was going to live in a foreign land, do their bills come in every other language, the answer is NO, in more than the vast majority of cases. It would seem to me that the only ones who ever have something to moan about, often represent the minority of the population.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News