Council Budget Cuts- Leader of Council needs to go back to school to learn math

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council Budget Cuts- Leader of Council needs to go back to school to learn math

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

I am totally baffled at the announcement from the Council Leader Mark Pritchard — I apprecite QWrexham schools are gaining poor maths results but I would have expected more from the Head of the Council-

The Budget settlment means that the Council will have £169m down 0.5% or £845,000 why then is he stating there is a need to save £5 million

Can someoine please explain

Liz Jackson
    Participant

How anything financial for North Wales can get through would be a miracle — ALL of the AMs on the Finance Committee represent areas South of Newport!! How do we get a voice from the North on such an important committee?
    Simon Thomas AM (Chair)
    Ty Bres
    Heol Bres
    Llanelli
    SA15 1UA
    01554 774393
    [email protected]

Mike Hedges AM
    97 Pleasant Street
    Morriston
    Swansea
    SA6 6HJ
    01792 790621
    [email protected]

Eluned Morgan AM
    National Assembly for Wales
    Cardiff Bay
    Cardiff
    CF99 1NA

[email protected]
    David Rees AM
    Water Street Business Centre
    Water Street
    Port Talbot
    SA12 6LF
    01639 870779

[email protected]
    Steffan Lewis AM
    1a Griffiths Blds
    Victoria Terrace
    Newbridge
    Caerphilly
    NP11 4EW
    01495 241100

[email protected]
    Nick Ramsay AM
    The Grange
    16 Maryport Street
    Usk
    NP15 1AB
    01291 674898

[email protected]
    Mark Reckless AM
    National Assembly for Wales
    Cardiff Bay
    Cardiff
    CF99 1Na
    0300 200 7204

Anonymous
    Inactive

They have allegedly just paid a whopping 750k to PwC to advise them where to make cuts. not sure about the other £4 million though. maybe need few hundred thousand to challenge groves decisio? Wouldnt be surprised if exec board have given themselves a huge payrise. Useless bunch of crooks.

Dragon
    Participant

The reason why the saving are £5M are because of the -0.5% but added to this is inflation for the national teacher and teachers award,the new apprenticeship levy,and fire levy,I’ve checked this out today and it correct. 99Dylonjones you need to go back to school to learn how to apologetic when you get thing wrong,opps 😀

99DylanJones
    Participant

Happy to apologise and bow to Dragons interpretation – perhaps when the detail and comparsions are fully digested we will then see where the cuts will hit.
    One elememty that has not yet been mentiioned is reduction that will occur in income to Wrexham with the closure of the Communities First programme whuch will hit Caia Park and Plas Madoc whuich does not form part of the settlement figures.

VOR2016
    Participant

Leaving the figures to one side for a moment.From my experience,I wouldn’t trust the leader of the Council and his cronies with my kids dinner money,nevermind a multi-million pound budget.

TheSpectre
    Participant

This council has an open door policy except that it is controlled by a small group of elected representatives whether its the leader and his cronies I cannot say but democracy seems to have all but disappeared from Wrexham council based on recent decisions.
    It appears that it is ‘do as say not as I do’.

Council Watcher
    Participant

It is widely known within the staff in the Guildhall/Council that you have to say or write what is required at the top – opinions and professional views count for nothing and there is the ongoing fear that your job could be next to go- definitely not a place that many people would choose to work if there was a choice.

Daave63
    Participant

Always the job center mate!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News