Cost of Consultants.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cost of Consultants.

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I clicked on a link on my FB & copied it from there. Consultants paid £51,000 to state the bleeding obvious

jimbow
    Participant

Maybe we should have Consultants look into the inner workings of WCBC and possibly come up with obvious saving on the lines of:-
    Reduce from 3 to nil Strategic and Performance Directors,saving £345k.
    Do away with Deputy Leader saving £20k
    Do away with Lead Members saving £109k
    Reduce from 9 to 5 Heads of Departments saving £360k
    Reduce the 47 Wards to 30 and the number of Councillors from 52 to 30 saving £290k
    Savings off £1,124,000 and this only for starters.

Chris
    Participant

I have been told that a local group were allegedly awarded a grant paid though the council. The council wanted to spend around 10% of that money on consultants to find out the best way of spending the money.

Sorry cant remember the group or who told me but do remember the council wanting to spend money on how to best spend the money.

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Chris 11034 wrote:

I have been told that a local group were allegedly awarded a grant paid though the council. The council wanted to spend around 10% of that money on consultants to find out the best way of spending the money.

Sorry cant remember the group or who told me but do remember the council wanting to spend money on how to best spend the money.

Here we go, that man in the pub again!
    Chris, how can you expect your post to be taken as a sensible and worthwhile contribution to the thread? It is short on fact, filled with conjecture and hearsay and actually says nothing.
    By the very fact that I have responded means that I have, to date, taken no notice of your oft used postscript but rest assured, I certainly will do in the future.

zinger
    Participant

BenjaminM is on the warpath again trying to make an argument out of something & nothing. Don’t rise to it posters.

wxm
    Participant

The scale of Wrexham Council is not big compared to organisations of similar turnover and complexities to manage. 4 or 5 “General Managers” is a reasonable and feasible proposition. Similarly, the debate that is created through the democratic process can surely reach conclusions much more swiftly, and then stand back and let those paid to get on with the job. As pointed out many times in these threads, on these salaries, as in other organisations, those heading up services should not need extensive consultancy services.

jimbow
    Participant

What worries me is that we have a Chief Executive as Manager,and then 9 Heads of Departments that sort out their own department problems.When sorted those problems go before a Scrutiny Committee,and on to the Executive Board.Why is there a need for 3 Strategic and Performance Directors at around £345k.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Zinger, no I am not trying to make an argument out of nothing but what I would expect to see is that comments do have some sense of credibility……..”allegedly, can’t remember the name of the group or who told him?”
    If you think that is a positive contribution, God forbid!
    And as far as your reference to the FB link, I hardly think that Plaid Wrexham is a bastion of credibility either. I have read some of their other missives where, shall we say, accuracy has not been allowed to interfere with spin.

Chris
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11037 wrote:

Here we go, that man in the pub again!
    Chris, how can you expect your post to be taken as a sensible and worthwhile contribution to the thread? It is short on fact, filled with conjecture and hearsay and actually says nothing.
    By the very fact that I have responded means that I have, to date, taken no notice of your oft used postscript but rest assured, I certainly will do in the future.

Oh hungover are we.

Liam
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11047 wrote:

Zinger, no I am not trying to make an argument out of nothing but what I would expect to see is that comments do have some sense of credibility……..”allegedly, can’t remember the name of the group or who told him?”
    If you think that is a positive contribution, God forbid!
    And as far as your reference to the FB link, I hardly think that Plaid Wrexham is a bastion of credibility either. I have read some of their other missives where, shall we say, accuracy has not been allowed to interfere with spin.

The figures quoted came from the council themselves via an FOI request.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News