Coronavirus – Accident or an Accident by Design ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Coronavirus – Accident or an Accident by Design ?

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

After watching BBC2’s excellent documentary this evening, I am now more convinced that this Coronavirus originated as a result of genetic manipulation. The design and virulence of such viruses can be researched as “Gain of Function” where the current scenario of ease of transmission is envisaged. Whether by accident or design, China is responsible and, if we take the official line, poor food standards are responsible. China should be prosecuted in the courts of the World and all Chinese borders should be sealed and the entire population be prohibited from external travel. All Chinese imports should be prohibited and all Chinese, interests, factories and assets outside China should be seized as reparations. This preventable event cannot go unpunished.

Matt
    Participant

OK, DONALD

Trump Messiah

Matt
    Participant

I seem to remember another race of humans identified as disease spreaders, segregated, had all their assets taken off them. Then I remember something else happened next as part of their ongoing “punishment” as they were villainised and dehumanised.

Unfortunately Godwin prevents me from continuing this thread, but it didn’t stop inside your head did it?

TimRegency
    Participant

China, US and possibly others.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

“Therefore, to examine the emergence potential (that is, the potential to infect humans) of circulating bat CoVs, we built a chimeric virus encoding a novel, zoonotic CoV spike protein—from the RsSHC014-CoV sequence that was isolated from Chinese horseshoe bats1—in the context of the SARS-CoV mouse-adapted backbone.”

Let’s hear from experts, please, I don’t like what I’m reading.

Councillor X
    Participant

And if you believe it AIDS was started my human sex with monkeys

Matt
    Participant

AIDS was started my human sex with monkeys

What an amazing typo – I bet that was a fantastic story for the lads down the Egerton back in the 80s. A rather tanned pre-Councillor X comes a swaggering in fresh from his African Safari – won as the star prize on Bullseye. A Young Mrs X was disappointed as she wanted the Caravan or perhaps even a speedboat.

Pint of Marstons in hand – “You’ll never guess what happened to me, New Romantic Nigel, I had a few too many Alcoholic Um Bongos whilst on a jungle day cruise & made a wrong turn, things got a bit hazy and a bit hairy after that – possibly some frisky al fresco*!”

*Coincidentally also the name of a local Italian and admirers dogging group.

Those poor monkeys & everything else is history after that and the tourists going to see them & some of them getting shipped off to zoos, only just got it under control after all these years.

This is of course all in incredibly poor taste, but we are stuck in lockdown & I’ve been allegedly buying Speedos, so what further fake forum member news can cause harm?

TimRegency
    Participant

What I find amusing about Councillor X’s offensive ‘appeal to ridicule’ is that, in fact, it is not all that more outlandish than the official theory put forward about this virus’s possible ‘ground zero.’ Namely, that in the Wuhan seafood market, it jumped from horseshoe bat to an intermediate host and then to a human.

We know that viruses can and do mutate and sometimes cross species, but we also know that it is possible to tailor-make viruses with gain-of-function experiments. I refer back to my link above to support that point.

I’m no expert, but this seems incredibly risky to me. That’s probably why they introduced a moratorium on gain-of-function experiments in 2014:

https://www.the-scientist.com/the-nutshell/moratorium-on-gain-of-function-research-36564

However, it seems that this was lifted in 2017:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(18)30006-9/fulltext

And it looks like some experts were also worried about the risks. That and the timing and co-incidences make this nervous reading for me. Let’s hope those trying to beat this virus will consider all theories about the source, in order to succeed.

Councillor X
    Participant

Matt can I ask you NOT to spread rumours about me which are untrue!

I told the super cockle man because new romantic Nigel was standing in for Boy George at the Blitz club cloakroom.

Tim Regency my sources are correct because I got them from the internet

AIDS was transmitted to humans because “one guy” had sex with “a monkey” and then started “having sex with men.” QUOTE

Sheefag
    Participant

Back in my days as a youth, we all used to worry about catching Herpes.

You’d be made up if you got that now.

Captain C
    Participant

Come to Wrexham and get the clap every Thursday at 8.00pm.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Coronavirus – Accident or an Accident by Design ?’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News