Consultants Fees WCBC

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Consultants Fees WCBC

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

How much more once again are WCBC spending on consultants?

A feasibility study was carried out in November 2018 and £440k funding has already has been secured for the Football Museum of Wales in Wrexham.

Now WCBC are engaging consultants “Fourth Street” to complete a business plan for the Football Museum. “Fourth Street” the very same consultants that were engaged to produce the business plan for Ty Pawb. The very plan that WCBC had to tear up and revamp.

Are officers of WCBC in the £100k plus salary range incapable of producing a business plan?

I just hope the council don’t ask me to pay another £5 for my garden waste bin to make ends meet when they waste money like this.

Captain C
    Participant

It gets to the point (over and over again) when you wonder what the hell goes on in the little minds of council officers. They should not hire “Fourth Street” again they would be better asking people living on the back street as they have more brains.

JaneJ
    Participant

It looks like it is the same Department for Ty Pawb and the Museum- Jimbow perfectly right about the report pity that Bonfires have been banned this year as the Council are just generating more fire fodder.
    How on earth could they have already got £400k + from funders with a Business Plan and delivery plan – who were the funders and what information did they use to grant the funding.

jimbow
    Participant

I believe questions were asked over the participation of “Fourth Street” in this project at last weeks meeting. All will be revealed when the video of that meeting is webcast.

jimbow
    Participant

I have just viewed the web cast of the scrutiny committee meeting.
    The question asked by Cllr Marc Jones was, were the council nervous about using “Fourth Street” for the museum, after having to ditch their previous report on Ty Pawb?

The council officer replied that a full procurement exercise had taken place. “Fourth Street” were experts in the field of football museums and were the best for the job. They also came well recommended.

It beggars belief to hear they came well recommended, bearing in mind the council having to ditch their previous report on Ty Pawb. At that time they were also probably experts in the field of Arts & Markets.

JaneJ
    Participant

Wonder if the ones recommending them were the same ones that recommended them for an Arts Project..

Matt
    Participant

I am not at all surprised over the council exec board being so inept that there’s nobody competent enough to write a Business Plan or any of the council officers or perhaps Ian Bancroft who earns a ridiculous salary.

This Fourth Street who out of London will charge obscene rates have cleverly positioned themselves into tricking the public sector and large PLC into thinking any project slightly out of the ordinary is a big ask and too difficult for them to conduct themselves, which is absurd.

In these times of extreme financial pressure for the county when Council Tax payments will be down and funds needing to be diverted to Covid contingencies to pay to outsource this activity is a poor decision and cannot possibly be price justified.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News