Consultants and Wrexham Council.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Consultants and Wrexham Council.

• Author

DerekJackson
    Participant

If you have people with the right ability in these 3 , 4 , 5 positions then there is no need for the consultants.
    I don’t know but perhaps the ability of the top tier management in Flintshire CC is far superior to Wrexham CBC hence the reason why they din’t even want to talk. It could be that at both Member and Officer level they are so far out of their depth in Wrexham they are drowning and the consultants are the life raft.
    Remember the captain on the Titanic did not realize there was a problem till it was too late and it started sinking — it unfortunately feels like in Wrexham we are at the sinking stage and going under very rapidly.

Sheefag
    Participant

It is most definitely a question of competence, I think Derek’s last two posts nailed it.
    If the senior management team at Wrexham CBC were in charge of a similar, fiscally sized PLC, they would have been gone Donkey’s years ago.

They’ve had years to prepare for this and what have they done in the interim to bring in investment?
    What have they brought in to Wrexham?

BenjaminM
    Participant

I agree that it is a question of competence, but the real question is ‘Who is lacking in competence?’
    It is all very well and fits in nicely with the blame culture that has developed on this thread, but it is obfuscating the issue by blaming senior Council Officers for the woes and the apparent creeping demise of WCBC.
    Reference and comparison has been made to top tier management in commerce and industry, but it has not been comparing like for like.
    On several occasions of late, the CEO or board members of banks, commercial organisations or even the rail industry have been either forced, or done the honourable thing and fallen on their swords for the failings of their organisations.
    The correct comparison analogy would, in my opinion, would be to equate board members to Local Authority Councillor’s. After all, THEY are the ones responsible for making decisions and formulating policy, Officers of the Council are responsible for implementation.
    If the policy is wrong at the outset, there is little chance of success despite the best efforts of those implementing.
    Unfortunately for us mere Community Charge payers, getting rid of a failing Councillor is a once in a 4 year opportunity because you can bet your bottom dollar that they won’t give up the lucrative benefits of the fatted calf.
    If we elect monkeys, expect decisions commensurate with their intellectual capacity. I am not pretending that all Councillor’s are of that ilk but I would put serious money on it that the numbers would far exceed those employed by the Council in professional positions.

Councillors have changed allegiance numerous times of late (Labour to Independant, Independant to Plaid) with apparent impunity, without reference to the members of the Wards they supposedly represent, rendering the make up unrecognisable to how it was originally formulated.

THEY ARE THE VERY PEOPLE WHO NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE not those charged with implementing flawed policy!

Sheefag
    Participant

I agree with a lot of your post auld BennyBoy but a fish rots from the head down.
    You have an executive team running what is essentially, a large company with no commercial experience or awareness.
    The Turkeys look forward to another year of not voting for Christmas.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News