• Author

Captain C
    Participant

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Er…..is it quite bad?

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

700 occurances over 570 days of teaching around 8,000 secondary children a day in Wrexham. That’s about 1.2 a day or 1 in every 6500 children. We love a headline!

Maureen Gray
    Participant

That figures!

johnhoppy
    Participant

I don’t know what planet you lot were raised on, but in my opinion ONE attack on a teacher or any other person (such as a bus driver) is too many.

Alunh
    Participant

@johnhoppy 18124 wrote:

I don’t know what planet you lot were raised on, but in my opinion ONE attack on a teacher or any other person (such as a bus driver) is too many.

Quite agree with you here John. I taught for 15 years in Wrexham schools and did not ever expect to be disrespected and certainly not threatened. Some of the flippant stuff that’s appearing on here lately will threaten the future of this forum for those who want to try and make Wrexham a better place

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

No one is condoning any unruly behaviour but a sense of perspective is needed. Are the figures of 1,2 per cent really shocking as claimed?? What about the other 98.8 per cent? I think not. And I hope my interpretation of the facts are not regarded as flippancy. Surely our role is to question outrageous claims like the headline portrayed in the piece.

wxm
    Participant

Schools have been coming up frequently in these forums. Common sense would suggest that one part of the approach would be a report to the community once a quarter, so that everyone understood the challenges, the good and bad, and at least parents can understand the issues, and talk to children at home about what we can do individually and collectively to solve these problems. The head or education must have all this to hand, why should education have to rely on legal applications for data to know if we’re doing well or poorly

99DylanJones
    Participant

Wxm – this would be a common sense approach to improve educational standards by engaging with parents. Education of children is only partly undertaken by teachers- support from parents is vital and should be part of an educational partnership involving the child, teacher and parent. It is therefore extraordinary that educationalists in Wrexham don’t follow this philosophy– it is bad enough Council Members not engaging so please grow the engagement with parents for the sake of children’s future. (apologies for the few schools that have adopted this philosophy)

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Soz Alunh,
    I will try not to be so flippant in future, what a naughty mo I am.
    x

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News