Community Projects / Volunteering in and around Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Community Projects / Volunteering in and around Wrexham

• Author

southwales
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming community projects / volunteering events in the local area that I could get my colleagues involved in?

I work in Chester but live in Wrexham so I would like us to support the local community here.

I’ve contacted a number of schools and searched the internet but I’m struggling to get anywhere so thought these forums would be a good place to get some ideas.

Previously we helped out at the National Children’s Home by gardening and painting etc which was great and I know a few people are taking part in an event tomorrow with the North Wales Crusaders, getting children interested in sport – but that’s about it.

Would appreciate any advice and I’m also keen to hear from any organisations / charities etc who are looking for help.

We want to give something back to the community – there must be someone out there who needs our help!

Thanks

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I think I would enquire to the Council to start with. I know that wrexham.com’s What’s On guide had a clean up of the park on it for today so it might be worth keeping an eye on that.

southwales
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, will give them a try.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News