Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

• Author

Katia
    Participant

All of Wrexham Council’s recent promotional parking initiatives should be appreciated for the spirit intended ie boosting footfall* in the town.
    I’m sure we can all at least agree that they have been visibly successful, the free parking has brought hundreds of extra visitors that may not have turned up otherwise.
    They deserve praise for trying something different to their previous approach, and whilst I’m sure most traders would like to see the parking incentives expanded going forwards*, lets pay tribute for what may be small steps towards rejuvenating our town but are a massive leap in changed mindset for our council.
    The free parking IS working and does bring more visitors to town, that may otherwise have headed to Broughton Retail Park – particulary the shiny bright red Coca-Cola Freightliner!
    Well done Wrexham Council.

*apologies for using footfall and going forwards.

BenjaminM
    Participant

I am absolutely disgusted that the editorial staff of Wrexham.com have decided to make a full length article regarding the cost of the visit to Wrexham of the Coca Cola truck.
    I can see absolutely no purpose has been served by it other than an attempt to foment a negative reaction to WCBC by, quite frankly, a piece of egregious journalism.
    You may have produced a more balanced article if you had mentioned the positive aspects that were accrued by the general public, shopkeepers and indeed WCBC.
    You should be ashamed that you chose to make an extremely minor issue into something more in pursuit of sensationalism.
    Absolutely disgusting.

Rob
    Participant

I agree it was a disgustingly terrible attempt to do that as I have yet to read a reaction to it saying how poor value for money it was :)

Infact there are two “Well done Wrexham Council” comments on Facebook, which is a rarity with others sharing how good it was for the town. One also queries if the cost of the FOI itself was more than the Council’s contribution.

There is also an outside possibility that those who guessed the cost at £30k (!) of public money used for it can see the real cost.

To me the question is what other popular national events/attractions could come to town, how can they be enticed and is it possible to do it on a similarly leveraged budget?

Yours Outraged,

Rob

justjojo2011
    Participant

Having just read the article Wrexham.com have done about the truck and its visit, I would not like to know how much it cost Wrexham Council to have it, but rather how much Wrexham actually MADE on the day? How did all businesses fair on the day? How many people came to Wrexham from outside the town and left with a positive feeling?

Ferret
    Participant

Just read the article on this topic and I must congratulate you for of proving that guys can indeed multitask. You’re barking up the wrong tree, making a mountain out of a molehill and flogging a dead horse all at the same time. As I read it the event was a success and cost next to nowt. Basically one person took umbrage and the FOI probably cost more than the event did.

Born Acorn
    Participant

There also seems to be a load more frivolous FOI requests from that same person.

That person probably costs more than operating Plas Madoc did. :p

Alunh
    Participant

@Katia 17067 wrote:

All of Wrexham Council’s recent promotional parking initiatives should be appreciated for the spirit intended ie boosting footfall* in the town.
    I’m sure we can all at least agree that they have been visibly successful, the free parking has brought hundreds of extra visitors that may not have turned up otherwise.
    They deserve praise for trying something different to their previous approach, and whilst I’m sure most traders would like to see the parking incentives expanded going forwards*, lets pay tribute for what may be small steps towards rejuvenating our town but are a massive leap in changed mindset for our council.
    The free parking IS working and does bring more visitors to town, that may otherwise have headed to Broughton Retail Park – particulary the shiny bright red Coca-Cola Freightliner!
    Well done Wrexham Council.

*apologies for using footfall and going forwards.

Well said Katia. This appears to have been a cost effective way of bringing something that is popular to the town on the cheap. The cost is negligible and the real cost only equates with the possible loss to an alternative hire of a given space and the possible rationalisation of a few other things, staff included. In the order of things these are negligible and the Council should be praised for their creativity. The same applies to the Small Business Day where there were fairground rides on Chester Street at no real cost to the community.

Liam
    Participant

Struggling to see the problem with the article. Tone is very neutral and just stating the facts. The Coke truck coming to town was positive news and it’s a reasonable follow up that shows it was also cost effective. Outrageous!

BenjaminM
    Participant

How can an article be neutral if it doesn’t provide a balanced perspective?

I suggest that you read the article again then. One sentence, that is all, states that the arrival was met with a mixed response. The remainder of the article goes on to reproduce at length, the findings of an FOI request that was made, it would appear from an habitual FOI’er.
    No mention is made of the positive aspects of the occasion affecting the town, the public and indeed businesses.
    It is just one in a long line of FOI revelations that have appeared on this site – most of them being of little or no interest or value other than to …….well what?

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s called ‘ClickBait’ BennyBoy, it’s the modern, lazy replacement for Journalism.

Check out Comment is free | The Guardian to see the genre defined.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News