Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

• Author

cmaj76
    Participant

Put the health issues aside for a minute and read up on Coca Cola as a business. Check out their highly questionable business ethics, the way they treat their own staff, local communities and the environment.
    Make up your own minds but I certainly won’t be taking my children anywhere near this monstrosity.

justjojo2011
    Participant

That’s quite an assumption you’re making there. My 6 year old was incredibly excited to see the truck today, so much so that when he’d seen it and had his picture taken, he cried because he didn’t want to go. They were giving out free cans of coke too. Guess how many we left with? NONE! He doesn’t need any extractions either.. nor has he ever had any. he brushes his teeth twice a day. It may be a good idea to not make the assumption that a child who likes to see a big lorry lit up drinks coke to the point where it rots their teeth.

@JaneJ 16890 wrote:

I am sorry that so few people have taken my original post with any seriousness– I trust that those of you with small children or grand children have the time to go to the dentist and explain to your children why they are having the left overs of their decayed teeth removed or the diabetic clinic.
    Cant any of you remember cleaning 2p pieces by dipping them into Coke when you were in school..

99DylanJones
    Participant

JoJO glad to hear your views and that you didn’t have coke for your son — you clearly sound like a very sensible mum.

henddraig
    Participant

I’d have gone if it was a Dandelion & Burdock truck ;)

I agree, no idea what coke and a giant truck has to do with christmas. Hijack marketing from a company with very dubious ethical standards. I can’t believe that wrexham council encouraged it when there is such a health problem in our young population it stinks of desperation on their part. Anyone else notice the number of school aged children there during school hours?

Theresa
    Participant

I don’t see what the fuss is about.

It’s a lorry that’s seen to symbolise Christmas is coming, which kids love, so parents taking their kids to see it in real life is for the joy of seeing their kids faces light up when they are next to the lorry (as well as their own childhood memories enjoyment :D ).

Coke may or may not be bad for you. Who cares? It’s down to the individual to decide whether they want to drink it or not. Same as smoking, same as drinking, same as driving down the A483 fast every day. They could all kill you eventually in some way or another.

Parents have a responsibility to their kids, so I agree that parents should maybe avoid giving them sweet, fizzy drinks, but then do we ban chips, chocolate, etc too?

Foods/drinks all have their problems in some form or another, but it’s down to the individual to decide what they want and what they want their kids to have.

Personally, I don’t drink Coke or many other fizzy drinks, but I don’t see the harm in them occasionally, like anything else that’s ‘bad’ for you.

MP1953
    Participant

@Theresa 16924 wrote:

I don’t see what the fuss is about.

It’s a lorry that’s seen to symbolise Christmas is coming, which kids love, so parents taking their kids to see it in real life is for the joy of seeing their kids faces light up when they are next to the lorry (as well as their own childhood memories enjoyment :D ).

Coke may or may not be bad for you. Who cares? It’s down to the individual to decide whether they want to drink it or not. Same as smoking, same as drinking, same as driving down the A483 fast every day. They could all kill you eventually in some way or another.

Parents have a responsibility to their kids, so I agree that parents should maybe avoid giving them sweet, fizzy drinks, but then do we ban chips, chocolate, etc too?

Foods/drinks all have their problems in some form or another, but it’s down to the individual to decide what they want and what they want their kids to have.

Personally, I don’t drink Coke or many other fizzy drinks, but I don’t see the harm in them occasionally, like anything else that’s ‘bad’ for you.

Spot on, this is the problem these days, do gooders all trying to influence what we can do, what is good for us, basically telling people how to run their lives, and I know its a recurring theme from me but these people are winning, because the vast majority of people think that common sense will prevail, but history is already telling us that it doesn’t :rolleyes::rolleyes:

JaneJ
    Participant

This is not really about telling people what to do but trying to ensure that people are informed so that they can make judgement rather than being dragged into a single view because a company has a massive marketing campaign.
    I am sad however to see one reply saying the Coke wagon as a symbol for the start of Christmas — I thought school nativity preparations, making Christmas cards and decorations and learning carols was the traditional way children built up to the Christmas spirit.
    Turning a red lorry into a ‘celebrity’ is very bizarre. I look forward to seeing it being driven onto the stage for the next edition of Britain’s Got Talent!!

MP1953
    Participant

@JaneJ 16928 wrote:

This is not really about telling people what to do but trying to ensure that people are informed so that they can make judgement rather than being dragged into a single view because a company has a massive marketing campaign.
    I am sad however to see one reply saying the Coke wagon as a symbol for the start of Christmas — I thought school nativity preparations, making Christmas cards and decorations and learning carols was the traditional way children built up to the Christmas spirit.
    Turning a red lorry into a ‘celebrity’ is very bizarre. I look forward to seeing it being driven onto the stage for the next edition of Britain’s Got Talent!!

As said at the beginning of the thread “get a life” :D you may enjoy it ;)

zinger
    Participant

Christmas begins for me when I hear the Salvation Band playing carols in town, going to the first carol service and as you say Nativity plays.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News