Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Coca Cola Lorry promotes Killer Coke

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@johnhoppy 16871 wrote:

lol No. I don’t actually like the stuff very much, but the arrival of the Coca Cola lorry will certainly cheer up the town and bring in much needed business. Besides, I object to being told what I can and can not do by people who ‘decide’ what’s good for us!

Unfortunately being told what not to do, and what to do will only escalate in months and years to come, especially in this country.. :(

johnhoppy
    Participant

@justjojo2011 16873 wrote:

You do? Don’t you know you’re not allowed a mind of your own? lol

Of course I have a mind of my own, but for most of my life I was allowed to smoke where I wished and to speak my mind without fear. Now if I do either I am likely to end up being prosecuted. How long will it be before the CCTV operators send out the hit squad to seize the unhealthy can of coke you have in your hand.

JaneJ
    Participant

I am sorry that so few people have taken my original post with any seriousness– I trust that those of you with small children or grand children have the time to go to the dentist and explain to your children why they are having the left overs of their decayed teeth removed or the diabetic clinic.
    Cant any of you remember cleaning 2p pieces by dipping them into Coke when you were in school..

zinger
    Participant

Actually, no Jane I don’t. It was £/s/d, feet & inches & lbs & oz when I was in school.
    :-)

Born Acorn
    Participant

So long as the kids don’t have too much and their parents ensure they continue to brush they won’t need to go to the dentist? Anything is unhealthy in large amounts. Hell, even drinking four litres of water quickly can kill you.

Let people make their own choices.

Iceman
    Participant

If small childrens teeth fall out because of drinking too much Coke, you can hardly blame the company that make it or their marketing campaigns. It’s up to the parents/guardians. Personally I love the stuff.

dale
    Participant

Pure Orange juice will do the same, are you going to campaign to ban that next??

MP1953
    Participant

@zinger 16892 wrote:

Actually, no Jane I don’t. It was £/s/d, feet & inches & lbs & oz when I was in school.
    :-)

Peoples recollections always tells their age group :):)

A two pence piece was never around when I was a youngster either, although a half penny was which was about the same size as a two pence piece,,,

I don’t remember farthings or silver joeys though :D:D

zinger
    Participant

I do just about. We always had a silver joey in our Christmas pudding. Nobody ever swallowed it fortunately. Farthings had a little robin on the back. About the same size as new halfpennies.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t remember having coca cola in those days either. I wouldn’t have wasted it on cleaning coins anyway.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News